Rio Mom

Apr 7, 2011
Pennsylvania
Parrots
River - Green Cheek
Conure/
Pepper - Congo African Grey/

Rest in Peace Rio
Sigh..... not such a fun day.... we got rear-ended on the way to work today. Nobody was seriously injured, my neck and shoulders hurt but thankfully the xrays didn't show any breaks. So with ice packs, heating pad, epsom salts, and aleve, I should feel better. Lance had some neck pain for a while too. Poor Beauty (the car), she's a hurtin girl, hopefully she's all fixed up soon! Hubby and I both work at the same place I felt realllly bad both of us calling off, but couldn't be helped. It takes forever and a half waiting for the police, information exchange, getting the car dropped at the garage, borrowing hubby's dad's car (enterprise doesn't have anything til monday), talking to insurance companies, then to the hospital, FINALLY food (we had been on the way to lunch before work and were starvin by 5:30!), bought some groceries and the heating pad and such, now relaxing at home. What a day.... glad I have a "birdie family" here to share with and talk to! (although I suppose my "regular family" will do to lol!

dirtpoor

Jul 13, 2011
Texas
Parrots
Male Solomon Island Eclectus
That really sucks, glad you are ok. I used to be a FF/EMT-P here in TX and you guys will probably hurt more tomorrow and Sunday. Those muscles are really going to tighten up and spasm.

merlinsmom13

Jul 27, 2010
Beckley, WV
Parrots
Merlin a Red Crowned Amazon
Sorry, terrible thing to happen. Glad you guys aren't hurt badly. Make it a point to walk tomorrow.

OP
Rio Mom

Rio Mom

Apr 7, 2011
Pennsylvania
Parrots
River - Green Cheek
Conure/

Rest in Peace Rio
Sorry, terrible thing to happen. Glad you guys aren't hurt badly. Make it a point to walk tomorrow.

Unfortunately, I will be doing all kinds of walking tomorrow, we're both scheduled noon to ten pm! yucky! lol

kerry

Jul 3, 2011
In a suburb of Minneapolis, MN
Parrots
Yellow Naped Amazon -female, Umbrella Cockatoo - female.
I'm sorry to hear that you went through that today.
It is good that it was not a more serious accident!
I hope that both your bodies & the car are back to normal very soon.

HRH Di

Jan 9, 2010
Media
McKinney, TX
Parrots
Max - Alexandrine, Jade - Red-Front Macaw, Ruby - CAG
I'm so sorry to hear about this. Take it easy if you can. I'm glad you weren't hurt more seriously.

suebee

Jan 13, 2011
awww i hope your all ok, an whip lash is not something to be sneezed at, you may hurt a while yet?? :( best thing is to relax an chill X

OP
Rio Mom

Rio Mom

Apr 7, 2011
Pennsylvania
Parrots
River - Green Cheek
Conure/

Rest in Peace Rio
Thanks for the well wishes all! I'm going to make sure to keep up with aleve and the heating pad for a few days to ward off the soreness. Crown Royal and diet coke last night didn't hurt either! lol. Now comes the waiting for poor Beauty (the cars name) to get fixed. So sad to see my car with a big "owie". But, cars can be fixed, it's just the waiting game that's no fun.

Most Reactions