Update on Beck's surgery: Please pray for Beck to survive surgery

lzlori

Dec 30, 2023
Parrots
Beck
Hello everyone,

My little parakeet, Beck, is having surgery on the January 31st. It's exploratory. He has a mass in his abdomen. I'm asking for any and all prayers, well wishes and positive thoughts to help him have a successful surgery and recovery.

Thank you all!

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Oh @izlori, you most certainly have my most heartfelt prayers for the best possible outcome for Beck!! And prayers for strength for you too, I know how stressful this will be for you🙏🙏🙏

OP
L

lzlori

Dec 30, 2023
Parrots
Beck
Oh @izlori, you most certainly have my most heartfelt prayers for the best possible outcome for Beck!! And prayers for strength for you too, I know how stressful this will be for you🙏🙏🙏
Thank you so much! 😁

Jul 23, 2023
Parrots
7 month old sun conure
Hello everyone,

My little parakeet, Beck, is having surgery on the January 31st. It's exploratory. He has a mass in his abdomen. I'm asking for any and all prayers, well wishes and positive thoughts to help him have a successful surgery and recovery.

Thank you all!
Sending you positive thoughts and prayers to little Beck. Hope he has a speedy recovery and a successful surgery. Keep us updated how it goes.

OP
L

lzlori

Dec 30, 2023
Parrots
Beck
Sending you positive thoughts and prayers to little Beck. Hope he has a speedy recovery and a successful surgery. Keep us updated how it goes.
Thank you so much. I will definitely post the outcome of his surgery and let everyone know how he's doing.

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
Sending ALL the good vibes and my sincere prayers for your little Beck’s surgery! Best of luck!!

pebbles1553

Nov 30, 2023
Media
Parrots
lovebird
Hello everyone,

Thank you all!
i will be praying too!

OP
L

lzlori

Dec 30, 2023
Parrots
Beck
Beck had his surgery this morning. His vet, the wonderful Dr Eric Ako, just called and said he survived the surgery and is just waking up. However, the news isn't all good. He has a tumor in his abdomen as we suspected. The Dr says the tumor was filled with yucky fluid and he was able to drain it. The tumor itself cannot be removed. At this point we don't know if it's going to fill up with fluid again over time. We don't know what's going to happen going forward actually. But the fact that he survived the surgery has me thanking God over and over.

And a big thank you to all of you for your prayers and well wishes for sweet little Beck. He is a precious little budgie.

Jul 23, 2023
Parrots
7 month old sun conure
Beck had his surgery this morning. His vet, the wonderful Dr Eric Ako, just called and said he survived the surgery and is just waking up. However, the news isn't all good. He has a tumor in his abdomen as we suspected. The Dr says the tumor was filled with yucky fluid and he was able to drain it. The tumor itself cannot be removed. At this point we don't know if it's going to fill up with fluid again over time. We don't know what's going to happen going forward actually. But the fact that he survived the surgery has me thanking God over and over.

And a big thank you to all of you for your prayers and well wishes for sweet little Beck. He is a precious little budgie.
I’m so glad the surgery went well! Sorry to hear about the tumor. If you don’t mind me asking where was it located? Thank you for keeping us updated on little beck :)

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)

I'm so sorry to hear Beck's mass turned out to be a tumour, but so happy for him and you that he survived the procedure! Budgies are remarkably tough for such little birds, "tough as ten bears" as my husband likes to say! Hope your little man can come home to you soon 💖

OP
L

lzlori

Dec 30, 2023
Parrots
Beck
I'm not sure if you mean the tumor or vet hospital so I'll try to answer both ways. Since I'm on only my way to pick him up and take him home now, all I know is that it's a tumor in his abdomen and that it couldn't be removed, only drained. Over the last month his abdomen has grown huge. It's supposed to be flat but his had swollen up so much her couldn't eat very much anymore. It looked like a huge beer belly. I'm not sure why the tumor is inoperable but I should find that out when I pick him up. We are located in Kapolei, Hawaii and his surgery was performed by Dr Eric Ako at Manoa Valley veterinary hospital in Honolulu.

OP
L

lzlori

Dec 30, 2023
Parrots
Beck
I forgot to mention that the Dr is sending the fluid he drained from Beck to a lab for analysis. This should tell us what kind of cancer he has.

OP
L

lzlori

Dec 30, 2023
Parrots
Beck
I'm so sorry to hear Beck's mass turned out to be a tumour, but so happy for him and you that he survived the procedure! Budgies are remarkably tough for such little birds, "tough as ten bears" as my husband likes to say! Hope your little man can come home to you soon 💖
They really are, aren't they. It's pretty amazing. We brought him home yesterday afternoon and as soon as I put him back in his cage he started eating. So that was good too see. Today he's not eating much. He's alert though and seems alright. Time will tell and I keep praying for him. Other that keeping his vent unblocked, medicating him and keeping the bottom of the cage poop free, I'm just leaving him be. I can't bathe him because his incision has to stay dry. So I fret over him but I do it from across the room so he doesn't know it lol.

Most Reactions

Latest posts