Update on how Emit is doing!

Soaring

Jul 3, 2014
Houston, TX
Parrots
Emit - Blue Throated Macaw,

R.I.P. - Apollo - DYH Amazon
Just got a email from Wendy on how Emit is doing.
The main reason he isn't home yet is that after his brother left, he regressed and went back to wanting two feedings a day but thankfully is now back to only one and she said he should be ready to come home within 2 to 3 weeks! :)
And she also told me the things he's being weaned onto. Which are: Harrison's High Potency Coarse pellets, Tropican High Performance Parrot Sticks, a little bit of Mazuri Breeder pellets and China Prairie brand of sprouts and of course fresh fruits and veggies and shelled nuts.
I haven't heard to much about the Tropican High Performance Parrot Sticks, but apparently they are his favorite.

But the main info I got out Wendy's email is that Emit will be finally coming home in 2 to 3 weeks! lol :D

OP
Soaring

Soaring

Jul 3, 2014
Houston, TX
Parrots

Just letting you guys know, that tomorrow is finally the day Emit will be coming home!! :D
I think this is the only time I've been excited to drive about 10hrs in a day lol but I'll be sure to take many pics and let you guys know how everything goes.

Roanoke

Oct 30, 2014
Greenville, SC
Parrots
Teeko, GCC [Baby Amazon ETA: August 25th]
Eeek! So excited! We don't see Blue Throateds very often, so be sure to post tons of pictures once you get him home!

OP
Soaring

Soaring

Jul 3, 2014
Houston, TX
Parrots

Will do! I probably won't be able to upload them until Sunday though.

OP
Soaring

Soaring

Jul 3, 2014
Houston, TX
Parrots

Hello everyone just wanted to let ya'll know how Emit's trip home went.
After driving about 5 hrs from Houston to Dallas, we finally arrived and were for the first time able to meet Emit! Naturally he was pretty timid and wouldn't allow any touching but after about 30 mins of baiting him with some nuts he finally stepped up onto my arm and... stayed on it for about 30 seconds before flying off lol. After another 10 mins we left Wendy's home and were on our way to Emit's new home. For most of the car ride Emit just looked out the window quietly, except for the three planned stops we made. Where he decided it was a good time to play with some toys and eat a few pellets. Fast forward a few hrs and we were home, since we got home fairly late we just let him be in his cage after I showed him where his water and food bowls were. It's been 4 days since his been with us and just yesterday he let me give him a quick hug! He loves his head scratches and likes to have my thumb in his mouth as I'm giving him a head scratch lol. He spends most of the day uncaged except for about 3-4hrs. He starts off his day @ 6-6:30am he then has a small snack and processed to stair out the window for a couple of minutes lol and the rest of the day is spent on finding new ways of getting my attention. And since thats a lot of hard work he puts himself to sleep around 6:30-7pm.
And these are some pictures from the past few days, hope ya'll like them!

This one is of when we first met him

Here I am trying to see if he'll get any closer to me

And one of my sister trying to pet one of the younger BTM

Emit deciding this was the prefect time for a nap lol

And the next two are of him looking out the window

And this one is just one of him looking cute lol

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Thanks for sharing the wonderful update! Emit is stunning! I'm glad his homecoming went smoothly.

strudel

Sep 30, 2013
Media
How exciting having him home at last. He is a handsome boy and very lucky to have found such a good home where he'll be adored and loved.

IRNMom

Jun 16, 2014
New Britain, CT
Parrots
KissKiss, Indian Ringneck
Lolo, Cockatiel
Petri, Love bird
Scooter, Cinnamon Green Cheek Conure
Congratulations!!! As everyone has said,he's beautiful! It looks like he's smiling in the one where he's being cute!

Most Reactions

Latest posts