UPDATE on NUM NUM

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Senegal-Martini,1 pineapple conure~ Kahlua,1 GCC~ Flare, spl/b, 4 Lovebirds Halo,Tye-Die,Luna,Violet,8 Cockatiels,Num Num&Tundra,8-Ball&Angus,Magnet&Sunkist,Pearl, Blush, 1 gouldian finch, 7 canaries
Today I had taken Num Num to the vets to see Evan.

He had to have his beak trimmed down substantially.

the bottom part of his beak swoops off to the side now, but has remained intact, and is growing new tissue!!!:D

I don't have a recent picture of his beak.

After I came home from the vets I had a smashing headache, so Num Num and I took a nap together, such a sweet bird he is.....grooming my eyelashes as I laid there, it tickled!!:p

As I laid there trying to go to sleep he decided to chew on each of my fingers on my hand, I guess he was exercising his beak & jaw. It didn't hurt one bit.

I no longer have to grind his food, and he is eating very well, and has also maintained his weight throughout this whole ordeal from beginning to end,

Evan said he is healthy and has done very very well...I was so pleased!!
I love him with all my heart.

see the poop on the right side of the pillow....guess I'll have to change that before bed, thanks Nums. lol.

Last edited:

Bundiibird

Mar 9, 2013
Rockhampton, Qld, Australia
Parrots
Bundiibird - Alex - hatched 31/08/09
& Millie - BFA - hatched 29/10/14 & Willow - CAG - hatched 30/10/19
That is awesome news. So glad that there is new tissue growing. Way to go Num Num.

Kalidasa

May 8, 2013
Media
Michigan
Parrots
1 green cheek conure (Kumar)
2 male budgies (Charlie and Diego)
Was wondering how he was faring, finally, some good news :)! He looks really good.

Betrisher

Jun 3, 2013
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Parrots
Dominic: Galah(RIP: 1981-2018); The Lovies: Four Blue Masked Lovebirds; Barney and Madge (The Beaks): Alexandrines; Miss Rosetta Stone: Little Corella
Num Num is a Bird among birds. He's been through such a lot in his little life and it's so good to see him recovering and keeping his cheerful personality. It helps to have a good Mum, of course. :)

OP
crimson

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Senegal-Martini,1 pineapple conure~ Kahlua,1 GCC~ Flare, spl/b, 4 Lovebirds Halo,Tye-Die,Luna,Violet,8 Cockatiels,Num Num&Tundra,8-Ball&Angus,Magnet&Sunkist,Pearl, Blush, 1 gouldian finch, 7 canaries
It was such a relief to finally get some good news.

we spent 5 minutes giving kisses when we were trying to nap,....it was quite cute and funny.

I couldn't be more grateful, that he is alive and well, now more so than ever.

Most Reactions

Latest posts