OP
A

Alisana

May 31, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Yuki - Snow white budgie; Luna - Blue budgie; Pocket - Hahn's Macaw
Guess what I'm doing Sunday night... ! :D

Going to dye more toys! I'll actually get photos and instructions this time!

20121214_220459.jpg

20121214_222548.jpg

Note that the wood tags haven't been dipped in water or baked in the oven yet, so that is how dark they are prior to dipping/baking.

I recommend the dip and bake, mainly because I can imagine this colour combination .... :

20121214_223338.jpg

Being all over my parrot's beak/face/tongue/feathers :p And that was just from when I was tying them to the neck's of the bottles!

OP
A

Alisana

May 31, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Yuki - Snow white budgie; Luna - Blue budgie; Pocket - Hahn's Macaw
really you bake the wood? why?

I found that sometimes when dying it, they don't dry out completely - and if it is damp in the centre, or inside the wood, there is potential for fungus to grow inside the wood.

If you want a proper medical reasoning for it, I can hunt down a research paper on the types of fungus that can grow in damp wood and the effects it can have. :p

triordan

Sep 1, 2010
Maryland
Parrots
Remington~ GW Macaw
Ollie/Olivia~ CAG
really you bake the wood? why?

I found that sometimes when dying it, they don't dry out completely - and if it is damp in the centre, or inside the wood, there is potential for fungus to grow inside the wood.

If you want a proper medical reasoning for it, I can hunt down a research paper on the types of fungus that can grow in damp wood and the effects it can have. :p

Oh, I hang mine on a string along the fence~ it dries pretty quickly because of the rubbing alcohol

mrgoogls

May 6, 2012
Parrots
1 male Quaker-Cooper
boiling the water helps it make the color better. i heard using vinigar in the water helps to. but never tried. i dont know any ratios. i didnt measure when i did it. lol. i used the really thick gel dye for like cake frosting. it worked really good and is reletivly cheap for how much wood you can dye!

Alex0

Banned
Banned
Dec 31, 2012
Canadazz
Hi everyone today i would like to ask that i need to buy some furniture for my house furniture is totally enable to use but i don't know any good dealer than contact here back.....?

Last edited by a moderator:

Most Reactions

Latest posts