Valentino and I are moving to Indiana

noblemacaw

Sep 23, 2011
Parrots
Valentino - Red Fronted Macaw - Hatched August 12, 2012
I got the final job offer this morning so it is official that we will be moving to Indiana.

My start date is April 6th. I am overwhelmed with all that I need to go before then.

Valentino has been sort of clingy of late. I don't know if that is because I am the only one around as I have been living alone since September or because he was feeling my stress of the past few months. He is a cuddle bug in the evenings when I finally sit down to relax for the evening. Valentino LOVES to cuddle and make his baby squeak sounds.

I have a wonderful support system all things parrot with Cynthia. She is going to be fostering Valentino until I can get moved out there (basically get house set up with my things moved along with his cage and java tree). My objective is to travel out the the area next week to look and try to rent a place for us. I am trying to get it so I can get the lease for April 1st and move out there a few days before I have to start work on April 6th.

I honestly believe by having Valentino stay with Cynthia for a little bit will be less stressful than putting him though "moving day". If I have to take temporary housing until I can lease a place I know he has somewhere to stay with someone I trust. She has kept parrots way longer than I have and I know he will be taken care of properly while I am going through the stress of this large move.

I feel like a large weight has been lifted from my shoulders. Now I do not have to face homelessness and rehome Valentino. I get to keep my boy!

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Congrats on the new job. I am so happy to hear things are looking up for you and that you didn't have to rehome Valentino. It sounds like you have his accommodations well planned out so you won't have to stress about it and can focus on getting a nice place and making a big move with minimal disruption to him:) Sounds like everything will only get better from here!

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
I'm happy to hear things are looking up for you and Valentino! Congratulations on the job! I wish you the very best in Indiana.

OP
noblemacaw

noblemacaw

Sep 23, 2011
Parrots
Valentino - Red Fronted Macaw - Hatched August 12, 2012
I really do appreciate all the well wishes. This is a huge move for me and a lot of stress. I am excited and terrified all at the same time. I don't know much about the area I am moving too but at least I have one friend out there that has parrots for over 35 years. Although I know Valentino will be cared for during this difficult move I know it will be stressful on me. Honestly cannot wait until all of this is done and Valentino is back with me permanently.

I have some Avian Vet recommendations from my friend which I will run by Dr. Blair to see if she knows anything about them. I guess if she knew Valentino's breeder she may know and recommend a good Avian Vet out where I'm moving. This is bittersweet as I have been a client at St. Francis Animal and Bird Hospital since the early 90's. I met Dr Blair when she held her internship at the clinic and was under Dr. Tammy Jenkins who was Mihijo, Diego and Joaquin's doctor. My birds and I have many stories of their vet visits at this clinic as they never failed to charm, endear and entertain the doctors and staff. At this time Valentino is their only RFM patient at St. Francis and they have really enjoyed his visits. I will ask not to close Valentino's records in case I choose to transfer back to Minnesota.

There has to be other RFM parronets in Minnesota but I have never connected with them.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Great news, and congratulations! I hope you and Valentino will be swiftly reunited. It is the mark of a great parront that you endure personal sacrifice for the greater long-term good!

Most Reactions

Latest posts