Texas
Parrots
Buddy - Red Crowned Amazon (27 yo)
Venus - Solomon Island Eclectus (4 yo)
Buzz CAG (2 yo)
Sam - Cockatiel 1997 - 2004
Tweety - Budgie 1984 - 1987
Sweety - Budgie 1985 - 1986
Today we visited with my parents, and had dinner. They hadn't met Venus yet so I took her, especially since she has been a super cuddle bug today. Well Buddy's previous owner's son was there, he and Buddy had some not so happy encounters but he fell in love with Venus, everyone did. Dinner was brisket, fresh corn, slaw, and charro beans. Venus was in heaven and was my mother's BFF quickly. She had some beans, cabbage, corn on the cob, watermelons and grapes. The grapes were tossed, corn went every where, she was visiting everyone at the table for hand outs, everyone enjoyed the visit

I was really impressed with how Venus warmed up quickly and she did so well socializing with the family.

EAI

Jul 25, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Parrots
Budgerigar: Arrow, Esther, Kratos, Cora, Ducky.

Lovebird: Izzy, Gizmo.
Awwh, glad to hear that Venus's visit went so well! Did she get any extra treats for behaving so well ;)

GreatBlue320

May 5, 2015
Parrots
Baxter - Illiger's Macaw (hatch date 5.1.15);

Taylor - Black capped Conure (RIP 3.14.15 - miss you every day little "Girlie")
Sounds like a very successful visit!

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Go Venus! I'll bet everyone enjoyed having such a charming dinner guest!

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Sweet! Nice to hear that Venus is so well socialized! Maya's world doesn't extend far beyond me and whatever chair I'm sitting on. Lol! Maybe she and Venus should chat lady to lady, as she's certainly not listening to my resident social butterfly, Jolly.

I'm curious. Do you roll with a stand? (And if so, what size?) Or just let her perch on her travel cage?

OP
Taw5106

Taw5106

Mar 27, 2014
Texas
Parrots
Buddy - Red Crowned Amazon (27 yo)
Venus - Solomon Island Eclectus (4 yo)
Buzz CAG (2 yo)
Sam - Cockatiel 1997 - 2004
Tweety - Budgie 1984 - 1987
Sweety - Budgie 1985 - 1986
Everyone loved her and she was a flamboyant little pig. She was eating corn off the cob like a buzz saw, lol, and had no reserves from taking food from anyone, even out of my mouth while I'm trying to take a bite.

I didn't take a perch, she would sit on top of her travel cage, was on my shoulder, hand and dining chair rail. She has great bathroom manners and has proven to not make any surprises. I have a pocket perch but it's too flimsy and I've been looking for a small, thick perch for her. She mostly wants on my shoulder but once she warms up, look out!

Most Reactions