Texas
Parrots
Buddy - Red Crowned Amazon (27 yo)
Venus - Solomon Island Eclectus (4 yo)
Buzz CAG (2 yo)
Sam - Cockatiel 1997 - 2004
Tweety - Budgie 1984 - 1987
Sweety - Budgie 1985 - 1986
We got a new shipment today and guess who climbed down her cage to check it out and claim the box.?Husband flipped the box over her and took a video of the box moving and she did her famous beep. She's a character.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455319945.172601.jpg

[ame="http://youtu.be/4cbHc_Bfy5g"]Venus And Her New Box - YouTube[/ame]

Kae

May 18, 2015
California
Parrots
Cockatiel-Artemis 2 Lovies-Angel&Addie Senegal(My dad's)
That's too cute!! At first it looks like the box is moving on it's own, lol

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Hahahahahaha! Just seeing this one! The box really does look like it's moving itself!

And her beep is a sweet sound. Neither of my ekkies makes that particular noise.

camo

Jun 30, 2014
Parrots
Gizmo - Male Eclectus Parrot

Pebbles - Female Eclectus Parrot
Hahaha, absolutely love it. Pebbles has made the same beep recently, only a few times though, is this a new noise for Venus?

OP
Taw5106

Taw5106

Mar 27, 2014
Texas
Parrots
Buzz CAG (2 yo)
Hahaha, absolutely love it. Pebbles has made the same beep recently, only a few times though, is this a new noise for Venus?

I've been wondering if the "beep beep" is an Ekkie call but I think Venus learned it. I recently saw another female Ekkie and her call was so loud and "brash", it hurt my ears. I now understand what Ekkie owners are speaking about. Venus only beeps like in the video. I'm thankful though lol!

Last edited:

camo

Jun 30, 2014
Parrots
Gizmo - Male Eclectus Parrot

Pebbles - Female Eclectus Parrot
but I think Venus learned it.

I adopted Pebbles, so it's possibly a learned noise (assuming Pebbles was exposed to the same noise also), but I've listened to Venus's "beep beep" a few times again just now and Pebbles was definitely making the same noise. I haven't heard it prior to her getting hormonal, and she has only made it a few times, so if I had to guess, I would say it's a natural sound.

Either way, I much prefer it to Pebbles ear shattering noise she occasionally does:eek:

Cheers,

Cameron

OP
Taw5106

Taw5106

Mar 27, 2014
Texas
Parrots
Buzz CAG (2 yo)
but I think Venus learned it.

I adopted Pebbles, so it's possibly a learned noise (assuming Pebbles was exposed to the same noise also), but I've listened to Venus's "beep beep" a few times again just now and Pebbles was definitely making the same noise. I haven't heard it prior to her getting hormonal, and she has only made it a few times, so if I had to guess, I would say it's a natural sound.

Either way, I much prefer it to Pebbles ear shattering noise she occasionally does:eek:

Cheers,

Cameron

My Husband made her "beep beep" a ring tone, lol. The looks from people are priceless.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
That is hilarious! Haven't heard that sort of "beep" from my Ekkies! Great idea for a ring tone!!

Most Reactions

Latest posts