vet wrap???

lokiNotis

Jul 3, 2012
WV
Parrots
Loki-Green Cheek Conure
Otis-blue Quaker Bandit-YNA
I have been reading everyone's post on DIY toys and playgyms. I just wondered what exactly vet wrap was and where you get it? We have been buying toys for our boys but been thinking real hard about making our own. They are just too expensive and they seem to destroy them in no time. BTW all the info. on this forum has been extremely helpful. Thanks!:blue2:

IcyWolf

Jul 5, 2011
Etters, Pa
Parrots
~Alexandrine Parakeet~2 Red Lored Amazons~Blue Fronted Amazon~Black capped conure~4 Green Cheeks~4 Parrotlets~2 lineolated parakeets~9 American budgies~9 English budgies~ And lots of babies :)
Vet wrap is the stuff that vets use to wrap bandages with, to hold the gauze on. It's not really used for making toys so much as for wrapping perches. A lot of people use pvc pipes to make play stands and different kinds of perches but they are pretty slippery and some birds have a hard time using them unless you wrap them first :)

Rio Mom

Apr 7, 2011
Pennsylvania
Parrots
River - Green Cheek
Conure/
Pepper - Congo African Grey/

Rest in Peace Rio
Yep, use it to wrap DIY perch/play stand projects. I got mine at Tractor Supply in the horse section.

OP
L

lokiNotis

Jul 3, 2012
WV
Parrots
Loki-Green Cheek Conure
Otis-blue Quaker Bandit-YNA
Thanks for the response. My husband mentioned it but didn't elaborate. I'll check Tractor Supply and Southern States. I think making our own playgym is defintely the way to go.

jonahsmom

Jun 18, 2012
Parrots
Buddy - green cheek conure; Luna - yellow crowned amazon; Bella - miniature dachshund; Schatzie - affenpinscher; RIP Boudreaux - timneh african grey
You can order it on Amazon, too. I just finished a playgym for our GCC, Buddy. I ordered the 30 rolls of 2" vet wrap for $28 and change. Free Amazon Prime shipping. I absolutely love it! I started using sisal and ended up taking it ALL off because it was a total pain in the butt. But the vet wrap works AWESOME!!!!!!!

Parrotmamma

May 2, 2012
Texas
Parrots
Crackers ~ a Green cheek conure , Cosmo~ a Timneh African Grey
I get mine at wal-mart , I use to get mine off amazon but with shipping included it was to high.

Parrotmamma

May 2, 2012
Texas
Parrots
Crackers ~ a Green cheek conure , Cosmo~ a Timneh African Grey
You can order it on Amazon, too. I just finished a playgym for our GCC, Buddy. I ordered the 30 rolls of 2" vet wrap for $28 and change. Free Amazon Prime shipping. I absolutely love it! I started using sisal and ended up taking it ALL off because it was a total pain in the butt. But the vet wrap works AWESOME!!!!!!!

I did not see your post till now .... that is a good price on Amazon with the Prime Shipping. I had not seen that on there when I looked last time . I will have to check it out : )

Most Reactions

Latest posts