Metairie, LA 70002

Phone: 504-455-6386
Fax: 504-455-9331

Mayden

Apr 22, 2010
UK.
Parrots
Merlin & Charlie (Senegals)
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]UNITED KINGDOM.

Pennine Vets -
1 Bury Road, Tottington, Bury - Tel 01204 88 66 55

[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]FANTASTIC avian vet here, he is just absolutely superb and I cannot recommend him enough.[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]

"
[/FONT]
Ian's main interest is in exotic animals ( birds, reptiles etc ) and in 2003 passed the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (RCVS) Certificate of Zoological Medicine. Ian is one of only about 50 vets in the country with this qualification. Ian accepts first opinion and referral cases for all exotic animals. His other interests include soft tissue surgery in cats & dogs, heart disease in dogs and the treatment of fits & seizures. Ian is based at the Tottington surgery."
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]There is also this address which might be closer to some of you, I believe that an avian vet does work there (she divides her time between the two practices or something) although I've never met her, I'll copy what it says on the website about her![/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]
[/FONT]

Pennine Vets-
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]175 Longsight, Harwood, Bolton - Tel 01204 60 90 60[/FONT]

"Gillian's main interests are in exotic animals and surgery. Gillian has been interested in exotic animals for many years and has spent some time working with the vets at Dallas Zoo in Texas. Gillian is also a keen surgeon and does most of the orthopaedic surgery for the practice.Gillian divides her time between the two surgeries spending approximately 2/3 of her time at Tottington, 1/3 at Harwood."

Last edited:

arando

Oct 24, 2011
south africa Pretoria
Parrots
blue & gold macaw
SOUTH AFRICA

Pretoria (north):
Bird & Exotic Animal Hospital (located on Onderstepoort Vet. University campus, which is accessed from Road off of Zambezi Drive).
012 529 8105 A/Hrs cell: 079 525 0368

GPS : -25° 38' 12.78", +28° 10' 15.41" (-25.636884, 28.

I INCLUDE A MAP

Attachments

• url.jpg
    url.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 385
Last edited by a moderator:

logansmith

Dec 28, 2011
it is too difficult to find the vets in our area . because there are no vets available in our area. and hence it is so much important to keep it safe from the the world.i also like vets but unfortunately we are not find the vets in our area .

OP
antoinette

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
it is too difficult to find the vets in our area . because there are no vets available in our area. and hence it is so much important to keep it safe from the the world.i also like vets but unfortunately we are not find the vets in our area .

What is your location?
Perhaps one our members could assist you with a vet's location.

:grey:

Zazu

Jan 20, 2012
North Eastern United States
Parrots
Sun Conure
I recently brought home a 5 month old Sun Conure named Zazu!! I love him already!(hoping it is a him!) I had in the past, a beautiful female parakeet whom I had for 11 years, but in the end she had gotten egg bound. I took her immediately to a local vet who tried to help her the best she could. It ended up being three seperate visits and all to no avail..she ended up passing on and I was heartbroken.:( I still have nightmares about her suffering and for that reason did not want another female bird. I was not very pleased with the vets expertise..seemed like all they did was a lot of guessing and guinea pigging medical treatment.:confused: Anyways, now I have had my new bird for about a week now and would like to take it in for it's first checkup and evaluation and hopefully find out the sex. Does anyone know a GOOD vet in the Pittsburgh, Pa area?? Any advice would be welcome!!! Thank you all!

Zazu:orange:

Wulfgeist

Feb 1, 2012
Winchester area, VA
This seems to be a question and even a quest alot of people have to go through. I know there are some folks here on the forums someday going to vet school..if I were younger I think I would go back to school and specialize in Avian medicine. If anyone knows a bright young animal lover pondering a career as a vet I think I would suggest it to them. I see lots of vets but not so many avian vets.

Not an avian vet but he seems knowlegable, the facility and staff are nice.

Steven Q. Servantez, DMV
Badger Veterinary Hospital
3113 East McCormick Drive
Janesville, WI 53547
608-754-1888
www.badgervet.com (bad link for me, keeps crashing explorer, they also have a facebook page)

Last edited:

KBEquine

May 19, 2011
South-central PA
Parrots
From little to big - currently 6 Linnies; 2 Budgies; 1 BHP; 2 CAGs; 2 Zons; 1 GWM. Formerly in the flock: 1 LSC2 [fostered/rehomed] RIP: 1 budgie 1 WCP & 1 sweet Pan Am
Here is a list from a bird club just south of Philadelphia for SE Pennsylvania:

DELCO bird CLUB, Inc.

TortoiseLady17

Mar 25, 2012
Jacksonville, Florida
Parrots
April - 32 year old Panama Amazon!
Zuri - 3 year old Congo African grey
George - 4 year old Panama Amazon
Anyone know any good avian vets in Jacksonvile,Florida?

All I seem to be able to find is a animal clinic and while that fine I don't know how well they are with birds.

Sabbath, we are also in Jax! Have you found a good avian vet yet?

goalerjones

Oct 24, 2011
Parrots
Hahn's macaw, RIP George, Jenday Conure
looking for anyone's personal recommendations for a good avian vet in the san diego/north county area, and thank you ahead of time

caliopi

Jan 30, 2010
Media
Melbourne, Australia
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot
King Parrot
For Melbourne, Australia

Dr. Colin Walker
Melbourne Bird Vet Clinic
1 George Street,
Scoresby, Vic, 9179
ph: 03 9764 9000
fax: 03 9764 8600

Hey you must live near me because that's where I take Puffin! I have to say though I don't know if I will get his nails trimmed there again because last time she cut him and made him bleed and I was so worried! I especially spend the money to go to a spe******t vet because they should be able to know how far to trim. Having said that she has been great with his beak problem.

Purl

May 15, 2012
Northern NJ
Parrots
Ducorp's Cockatoo -Purl
Lovebirds - Salsa and Peeps

Angel Cockatiels - Chloe and Quasimodo
Does anyone have any Avian Vet recommendations for Northern NJ. I printed out a list from the web..and I used Dr. Crupi in Nutley, NJ MANY years ago with Chloe and Quasi but I've been out of the avian loop for quite some time.

Thanks!

OP
antoinette

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Vets in South Africa - DURBAN

Kerry Eason
Riverside Veterinary Clinic
(North Coast) 031 563 6565

KINGHORN DR BRUCE/RIVERSIDE VET CLINIC
62 SOOFIE SAHEB DRIVE, DURBAN NORTH
4051 DURBAN
GEO: -29.805824, 31.034539
Phone: (+27) 31-5636565

1. Broadway
    Durban North
    031 564 2338

Durban North Veterinary Clinic

www.durbannorthvet.co.za/
    Google+ page
  2. 2 Saint Marys Road
    Kloof
    031 764 0588

Village Veterinary Clinic

www.villagevet.co.za/
    Google+ page
  3. 12 Peak Street
    durban
    031 403 9700

chatsworth animal clinic

plus.google.com
    Google+ page
  4. 222 Arena Park Drive
    Chatsworth
    031 404 2255

Chatsworth Animal Clinic

www.chatsworthanimalclinic.co.za/
    Google+ page
  5. 11 Lakeside Dr
    Durban
    031 539 1041

Animal Medic Care

www.animalmediccare.co.za/
    Google+ page
  6. 14 Araucaria Road
    Amanzimtoti
    031 916 1145

Kingsburgh Veterinary Clinic

plus.google.com
    Google+ page
  7. Shop 63G Ballito Bay Mall, Simbithi Drive
    Dolphin Coast
    032 946 0935

Conuregirl

Jan 16, 2012
New Jersey
Parrots
Oliver the nanday conure (rescue), Suki the green cheek conure, Picabo the Hahn's Macaw, and Big Bird the dove
Oradell Animal Hospital in northern New Jersey has multiple locations in Paramus, Fort Lee, and Hasbrouck Heights and the Paramus location is a 24 hour hospital.

They have 3 avian or exotic vets. Dr. Boren treats the state zoo's birds. I like Dr. Parker because she is very compassionate, owns an african grey for 17 years, and grew up with conures. Also, one of my birds prefers women so having a female vet made it a positive experience for him. The vets are well trained professionals and work in a modern facility. All the employees are friendly and treat every animal with respect.

http://oradell.com/

BarkleyLoves

Jul 23, 2012
TX
Parrots
Barkley (4yo Eclectus)----
Pepper (7yo White-Capped Pionus)
Avian Hospital that sees birds 24/7? In and around Dallas Fort Worth? I just want to have someone who would be available in an emergency?

I would also second the reccommendation for Dr. Gregory Rich, DVM in Metairie, LA. He's been our avian vet since we started keeping birds long long over 20 years ago. We sometimes go back to just see him.

PortaPerch

Apr 28, 2012
SurfCity, SoCalif
Parrots
Chewbaca, F. Galah, h10/10;
Greybeard, M. Congo AG h03/09
The Greek in Yorba Linda comes recommended by a professional parrot person as being both good and reasonable cost.

We were told yesterday about a local avian vet who is known for delicate surgeries wanting to do a hysterectomy on a CAG, because she's 20 years old.

We went to a vet in Rogue River, Oregon, because Chewbaca was acting puny, beginning with the first day of our trip.. He sent the blood test off without even specifying what kind of avian. The office gave me a business card with obsolete email, and said they couldn't email results because their scanner was broken. Their card listed just about every kind of animal you could imagine. We were charged for competent care, but didn't get it.

Most Reactions

Latest posts