Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Mishka visiting Dr Brent Russell, a vet here in South Africa, located in Bryanston, with a great reputation known all over South Africa. All other vets send their sick birds to Brent, knowing they are in capable hands. It took me 3 hours there and back, but so worth it.
He has a way with birds, Mishka is so at ease while his nails are being filed and his wings clipped.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yM9ER-McPo]World's Amazing Talking African Grey Parrot Mishka Mishka Visits the Vet 19 September 2011 - YouTube[/ame]

Printer bird

Jan 4, 2011
Calgary, AB
Parrots
Dipper, 8 year old WC Pionus
RIP Charlie, Green Cheek Conure,
Lelu, parrotlet and
Poe the budgie.
We have a great avian vet here in Calgary but Charlie still chirps/yells constantly while there. They call him a little squeak toy!

IcyWolf

Jul 5, 2011
Etters, Pa
Parrots
~Alexandrine Parakeet~2 Red Lored Amazons~Blue Fronted Amazon~Black capped conure~4 Green Cheeks~4 Parrotlets~2 lineolated parakeets~9 American budgies~9 English budgies~ And lots of babies :)
I thought in a previous post you said that you kept mishka flighted? I could be wrong here, but if not, did something change that you decided to get him clipped? That vet is very quick, I used to work for a groomer and I did all of the bird wings and nails and I still don't think I could dremel nails and do both wings in just over a minute. It did kind of bother me the way he was holding him by the neck like that, isn't that kind of dangerous? It just seems like if he would have jerked the wrong way he could have been seriously hurt. :(

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
I bet he was glad to go home with you. It has to be somewhat traumatic for our birds to go through grooming. Nice vet! Is he married?? just kidding.

merlinsmom13

Jul 27, 2010
Beckley, WV
Parrots
Merlin a Red Crowned Amazon
Good job Mishka! He was really calm. Merlin is not that good. I dont know SB, you really should get the down low on that vet! lol

Remy

Jul 13, 2011
California
Parrots
Darcy (Golden-Collared Macaw), Puck (Caique - RIP)
When Puck went in, you could hear him making upset sounds all the way in the front lobby, and he was even able to bite the vet pretty good! He struggled the entire time, and because of this they weren't able to get enough blood for his blood panel, so I had to take him back a second time for it. The second time he didn't bite the vet, but he did escape and they had to chase him around a bit.

Mishka is so well behaved!

OP
antoinette

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
I bet he was glad to go home with you. It has to be somewhat traumatic for our birds to go through grooming. Nice vet! Is he married?? just kidding.

Ha ha Di he sure is married, actually I met his wife and son that day, lovely family.

Mishka loves Brent, and wanted to stay and play.

OP
antoinette

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Good job Mishka! He was really calm. Merlin is not that good. I dont know SB, you really should get the down low on that vet! lol

Mishka loves attention and as long as he is getting it he is calm.

Di KNOWS Brent is married, from previous posts I had posted, I reckon he sure was a good catch.....

OP
antoinette

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
When Puck went in, you could hear him making upset sounds all the way in the front lobby, and he was even able to bite the vet pretty good! He struggled the entire time, and because of this they weren't able to get enough blood for his blood panel, so I had to take him back a second time for it. The second time he didn't bite the vet, but he did escape and they had to chase him around a bit.

Mishka is so well behaved!
Mishka was not well behaved during his first vet visit, here's why......
First vet visit ever, I took Mishka to one nearby, (recommended by someone) never ever again, he screamed and bit the vet, because he covered Mishka's face, AND when filing his nails he drew blood, I stopped him immediately and left.
I then did a lot of research, telephone etc and found the best one in South Africa.

Most Reactions