Video of Amy...part one..

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
...ok folks I have a vid here of Amy being a PITA :mad:

I had mentioned awhile ago,on how he'll be very uncooperative,and not wanting to know anything about her perch stick,and flipping over and going back into her house every time I make an attempt on getting him to step up..
Here is part one..all of you Amazon Snobs,tell me what you think!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwvExOXlCAE&feature=youtu.be"]MVI 0869 - YouTube[/ame]

Jim

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Jim, what happens if you use your hand to pick him up? Knowing Amy, I'll wager a nip? He looks like he is NOT into stepping up. Not like violently, just not in the mood. Have you changed anything recently?

OP
AmyMyBlueFront

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
Jim, what happens if you use your hand to pick him up? Knowing Amy, I'll wager a nip? He looks like he is NOT into stepping up. Not like violently, just not in the mood. Have you changed anything recently?

Al...I don't even ATTEMPT to try and pick him up with my hand when he is like this,or even on the play top..it's always the perch stick.
I think I found the answer for tonight at least...he wanted to get to his nummy bowl to chow down lol

Jim

chris-md

Feb 6, 2010
Maryland - USA
Parrots
Parker - male Eclectus

Aphrodite - red throated conure (RIP)
Aw Amy, why ya gotta be like that?!

Jim I had the same reaction as Al, Amy clearly just wanted alone time. Not in the mood. Those times usually best to just give him his space. Sometimes I don’t wanna be bothered either :)

Kentuckienne

Supporting Vendor
Oct 9, 2016
Middle of nowhere (kentuckianna)
Parrots
Roommates include Gus, Blue and gold macaw rescue and Coco, secondhand amazon
That's kinda cute, really. Our BFA..sometimes I would put my finger up for step up, and he would bend his head down and give me a look ... I pulled my finger back away and kept looking at him... he would think it over, maybe remembering that usually he got taken walkabout or given treats, and after a few moments the foot would come up. I learned that I had to ask, and he had the right to say no, and so he didn't feel that he had to make a federal case out of it. He balked just enough to see that I wasn't gonna force him, and that satisfied him that he was free. Or so I imagine.

Most Reactions

Latest posts