Videos of the rescued IRN :)

Tropical

Oct 13, 2015
Palm Beach
Parrots
Two Cockatiels: Rascal (Geraldine) and his baby brother named Coconut!
Now that I got a really good look at him today, the way his feathers look on his head I can't tell if he's just molting?... or if he is a baby or a very old bird??? I know you guys said he looks young but now that you see a much better view of him... do you still think this?

His nostril/feet almost have a VERY SLIGHT barely at all (I might even be imagining it) "yellowish" tint to it... I hope that's normal and he doesn't have anything contagious!!!??? Do his nostrils/feet look normal coloring in vids? I'm being very paranoid about my tiels LOL

Ignore the cheesy music in the vids I didn't add that. It was playing on the woman's laptop that she left running in the background.

I have large FOUND LOST BIRD signs on very busy roads so thousands of people are seeing it (the signs are very easy see from a very long distance). Hopefully can find this bird's real owner!!

[ame="https://youtu.be/g_d89FEaI2E"]Close up of rescued Indian Ringneck - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://youtu.be/RNTF8wrcb9M"]Rescued Indian Ringneck eating dried mango :) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://youtu.be/y8Wa49XEzzQ"]Rescued Indian Ringneck eating dried apricots.... - YouTube[/ame]

How come the feathers on his head look like that and not the rest of him???

[ame="https://youtu.be/KoOmkIOAgRk"]Rescued Indian Ringneck enjoying some almonds :) - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

LordTriggs

May 11, 2017
Surrey, UK
Parrots
Rio (Yellow sided conure) sadly no longer with us
looks like he may be in the middle of a molt? Of course he could just be scruffy after his time outside. Try seeing if he wants a bath of some sort?

plumsmum2005

Nov 18, 2015
England, UK
Parrots
Lou, Ruby, and Sonu.
Fly free Plum, my gorgeous boy.
He looks happy, has a lovely set up, is that your doing?

Go easy on the almonds though, tiny bits for treats OK?

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Eclectus, CAG, BH Pionus, Maximilian’s Pionus, Quakers, Indian Ringnecks, Green Cheeked Conures, Black Capped Conures, Cockatiels, Lovebirds, Budgies, Canaries, Diamond Doves, Zebra Finches, Society F
You have had him to the vet, right? And done routine disease tests for the safety of your flock?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Tropical

Tropical

Oct 13, 2015
Palm Beach
Parrots
NO I definitely haven't taken him to the vet... he is not being kept at my house so he's nowhere near my tiels and I immediately strip my clothes and jump in the shower when I get home. I cannot afford to start paying vet bills for someone else's bird! He is being kept at that woman's house for 30 days.

So he no longer looks like a very young IRN??? Someone told me he look very young because of the ring around his neck is not fully formed??

He's not scruffy... you see those are feathers that are just coming in on top of his head :)

Last edited:
OP
Tropical

Tropical

Oct 13, 2015
Palm Beach
Parrots
He looks happy, has a lovely set up, is that your doing?

Go easy on the almonds though, tiny bits for treats OK?

Thanks. Yes that my spare bird cage :) It's a very very tiny 17 inch travel cage which is being kept at that woman's house. He only ate one almond then didn't want anymore... he is a LOT more into grapes!

If real owner doesn't doesn't show up in the next 3 or 4 days should I bring a larger cage over there for him? He is getting let out of it every day though and she gave me spare key so I can spend an hour or so a day with him while she's at work.... so then this tiny cage is fine for him in the interim???

plumsmum2005

Nov 18, 2015
England, UK
Parrots
Lou, Ruby, and Sonu.
It is less bother for you and he is getting out time so I cannot see the harm it is only temporary and who knows his owners could turn up at any time. You done good girl, dont panic he looks good/happy. One thing ensure his diet is good that is the only thing really. well done!

OP
Tropical

Tropical

Oct 13, 2015
Palm Beach
Parrots
It is less bother for you and he is getting out time so I cannot see the harm it is only temporary and who knows his owners could turn up at any time. You done good girl, dont panic he looks good/happy. One thing ensure his diet is good that is the only thing really. well done!

The problem is that he is eating conure/tiel seed mixture (is that OK for him for this long??) along with grapes, apricots little nuts) and I brought him kale yesterday. I have Harrison's cockatiel mini pellets at home I can also bring him...

plumsmum2005

Nov 18, 2015
England, UK
Parrots
Lou, Ruby, and Sonu.
This should help you Feeding Your Indian Ringneck or Asiatic Parrot | IndianRingneck.com

It could be sensible to set a deadline when he needs to go to the AV for checks, say 3 weeks time in order to have the tests and results back if you are going to take him home around the 30/40 day mark?

If you are dead against that then a rescue will have to be found I presume?

Last edited:

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Eclectus, CAG, BH Pionus, Maximilian’s Pionus, Quakers, Indian Ringnecks, Green Cheeked Conures, Black Capped Conures, Cockatiels, Lovebirds, Budgies, Canaries, Diamond Doves, Zebra Finches, Society F
Some boys can take over 3 years to get a ring and the girls never do so a ring isn't a a good indicator of age.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Tropical

Tropical

Oct 13, 2015
Palm Beach
Parrots
This should help you Feeding Your Indian Ringneck or Asiatic Parrot | IndianRingneck.com

It could be sensible to set a deadline when he needs to go to the AV for checks, say 3 weeks time in order to have the tests and results back if you are going to take him home around the 30/40 day mark?

If you are dead against that then a rescue will have to be found I presume?

If he was injured I would immediately rush him to vet for sure... but the tests I would 100% definitely make sure he gets before he were to come to my house... the results for those test takes only a week or less to come back. I've had those tests done before... but if the real owner doesn't come forth... crap I just realized it's already SEPTEMBER!!!! I hate how fast time flies!! :(

... but if real owner doesn't show up by around Sept 15th I am taking him to vet for the tests... and then if the real owner does show up they better be incredibly thankful. I have put in a ton of work and effort in all this.. not to mention money and I am poor! More than poor... am in serious debt! :eek:

Can you imagine if the real owner showed up and were like "Whatever, my bird leaves all the time and always gets found or comes back" I would KILL them LOL

OP
Tropical

Tropical

Oct 13, 2015
Palm Beach
Parrots
I am so paranoid about WHAT IF this IRN has something contagious that I'm going to put my cell phone into a zip lock bag when I visit the IRN today because disinfecting my phone with Wet Wipes didn't cut it for me.... what if I missed a spot? LOL

That way when I get home I can just remove my cell phone from the zip lock bag AFTER I have showered.

LordTriggs

May 11, 2017
Surrey, UK
Parrots
Rio (Yellow sided conure) sadly no longer with us
breathe easy! It's more direct prolonged contact you need to worry about. Remember many people don't get the luxury of having another house to quarantine in, they normally just use another room

Most Reactions

Latest posts