Vino playing nurse???

Devann

Aug 2, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Parrots
Vino - Alexandrine, Spot - Congo African Grey
Vino is generally tolerant of others, including my husband and daughter but has never chosen to snuggle or sit with anyone other than me when I am in the room. Over the weekend, my daugher had a high fever and was feeling quite unwell. She was lying on the couch and I had Vino sitting on my lap at the other end of the couch. Suddenly, Vino walks across the couch, climbs up onto my daughters chest, kisses her on the cheek and stayed snuggled up to her for a good 30min. She repeated this again later on in the afternoon.
I'm wondering if she sensed she was feeling unwell and was trying to make her feel better or if maybe she just liked the heat coming off of her from the fever?.....I'd like to think it was that she was trying to make her feel better. Either way it was quite adorable :)

644274_10152583762290725_463664517_n.jpg

noblemacaw

Sep 23, 2011
Parrots
Valentino - Red Fronted Macaw - Hatched August 12, 2012
Oh what a adorable pic. I would like to think your parrot was helping your daughter feel better. Bringing her comfort. I know my parrots are more subdued and want to cuddle when I am having a bad breathing day.

Such an adorable picture. Love how Vino has eyes closed and seems to be so content.

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
So cute! They do seem to "know" when their humans are sick, and take very good care of us until we are better ;-)

I was sick a lot as a kid (chronic strep) and my moms DYH used to do the exact same thing. She NEVER allowed anyone to pet her, but when I was sick, she would sit on my chest for hours all puffed up and letting me pat her back. She also tried to "feed" me, which wasn't so nice for me, but she was trying to be a good mamma bird in her mind. I still vividly remember how comforting she was, especially the way she smelled (zons have a pleasant "musty" odor, not sure about other birds). I only wish Kiwi did that when I get sick nowadays, but he likes to squawk and if i let him out, he will take advantage of my toes instead of letting me pet him :-( I hope your daughter is feeling better now, and that Vino's kindness gives her a great positive experience with parrots.

BillsBirds

Jan 9, 2012
Largo, Florida
Parrots
Timneh African Grey (Bailey), Lovebird (Elvis)
I've used some of my birds as Therapy Birds, and swear they know when someone is not feeling well. They seem to be calmer, and gentler, with sick children & old folks. I believe that our birds are much more psychic and intuned than we know. And, yes, great photo!

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure,Chiquita Quaker parrot Sweetie Pie, African red bellied parrot Tiki, spanish timbrado canary Lucas
What an adorable picture:)

Most Reactions

Latest posts