Violet is Home (with pics)

MissyMe83

Nov 29, 2011
Indiana
Parrots
Tate ~~
White Capped Pionus -
Violet ~~ Yellow Naped Amazon - Jupiter ~~ Baby B&G Macaw (coming soon)
Well my little girl has been home for just about a week now. She is settling in nicely, but is still a bit timid of me. She has not bitten once and steps-up great! She's just unsure when I approach her or stick my hand in the cage to change water or give food and she's in there. She lets me know this with a little growl. She loves to play with her toys and she's quite the pigglet.

Pictures aren't the best quality so I'll try for better ones a little later : )

Last edited:

WharfRat

Jul 3, 2012
Central Tx
Parrots
2 Bolivian Green Wings-ReaRea & Miri,
2 Yellow Naped 'Zons- Shiloh & Halo,
Hahn's Macaw-Kalani
Congrats Missy!!! I know you got be excited as all get out :D

Parrotmamma

May 2, 2012
Texas
Parrots
Crackers ~ a Green cheek conure , Cosmo~ a Timneh African Grey
Congrats , she is beautiful ! Love your cage too : )

OP
MissyMe83

MissyMe83

Nov 29, 2011
Indiana
Parrots
Tate ~~
White Capped Pionus -
Violet ~~ Yellow Naped Amazon - Jupiter ~~ Baby B&G Macaw (coming soon)
Thanks all! Once she's completely comfortable I think she's gonna be the best tempered YN ever lol! She's just such a sweetie.

she's awesome :D what brand/model cage are you using for her

Her cage is the A&E Havana Flight. It's 32x21x63. I was assured that she wouldn't be hard on her cage and that it was appropriate for her. I may be proved wrong, but if so I can always get a "sturdier" cage with bigger spacing. But for now she seems happy.

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Oh what a gorgeous Yellow Nape! You must be besides yourself to have her home. You'll have tons and tons of fun with her, and I'm sure it will take her no time to feel completely at ease. Congrats on pretty Violet. :)

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
Congrats Missy, You have so much to look forward too. She'll have you wrapped around her finger before you know it'

Most Reactions

Latest posts