want to write about parrots ?

mtdoramike

Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2011
Media
Mt. Dora Fl./central Fl.
Parrots
11 month old Senegal Parrot - 3 year old SI Eclectus
I think the US50 is for the 50 states, but the rest of that is jargon to me. They would have gotten a better response had they spent a bit more time to clarify what they were looking for.

kerry

Jul 3, 2011
In a suburb of Minneapolis, MN
Parrots
Yellow Naped Amazon -female, Umbrella Cockatoo - female.
Yes I Googled US50, it looked like an online journal about the United States.
It seemed strange to me that they would be asking for articles about parrots.
I e-mailed them but I have not yet heard back.

Rio Mom

Apr 7, 2011
Pennsylvania
Parrots
River - Green Cheek
Conure/
Pepper - Congo African Grey/

Rest in Peace Rio
I received an email back, but am still confused lol. I'm not sure what "spun versions" means. And the us50 does mean $50. So they want 12 articles and 12 spun versions for $50?! I didn't email back, the whole thing seems a bit too involved and confusing lol.

Autumn

Oct 21, 2010
Media
California
Parrots
PePe; Dusky Conure
From the looks of it he was probably in a hurry, from info he provided. He most likely has contacted other sources of parrot owners for articles. So if hes asking for 12 he will most likey hand pick best ones from each he recieved. The person must be needing the articles to meet a upcoming deadline, but not so far in the future since he has patience for the emailing factor and the with the article writing- it all tends to take time. Although it might not be on a deadline since their sideline articles I'm assuming because of the e-mail username. The US50 must be an intended USD50 which is 50$, of course. 12 articles of facts and info. Spun versions might be the your summarization of ''My life with a parrot'' as an enthusiast.

PetoftheDay

Dec 27, 2010
Boston area, MA
It looks like someone posting for an article farm - just trying to get a bunch of info to stick on a page to get good search engine rankings. Spun versions may be "find someone else's artciles and change them up so that search engines will count them as "new" and "different." I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

But, if you actually do like writing about your parrot, we always need good nominations for folks' parrots - or other pets - to be Pet of the Day! And as I tell people, our site may be one of the few places where it is not only okay to "go on and on" about your pet, it is actually encouraged!

Most Reactions

Latest posts