Water Intake

stony

Aug 7, 2015
Sorry about all the questions, Last time I had a parakeet I was a child and my parents took care of him. I am worried about my bird drinking, I change water in the am before work, then pm after work. The water bowl always seems to have the same amount of water in it. With my dog half the bowl is empty when I get home. Bird is bright eyed, singing, hopping around and eating, part of me knows he is fine, but part is worried. How much water should a parakeet in summer drink in a day?

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
No need to apologize, ask away, you're in the right place. You're parakeet would have to drink a tremendous amount of water to lower the level in the bowl. It sounds like the little guy or girl is doing great. As long as your friend has a constant supply of fresh water, he or she will do the rest. You could also offer a shallow dish of water for a bath.

If you'd like to post a photo of your budgie, some of our budgie enthusiasts could probably tell you if your bird is male or female and what mutation you have.

Do you have a name in mind?

OP
S

stony

Aug 7, 2015
Thanks Allee I have not named him yet because, I don't know if male or female. Was thinking Karma, guess could go either sex. Will try and get photos after work. Thanks

samhatch

Aug 17, 2014
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
♥ 4 Tiels - Karson, Kai, Savvy and Cojo & 1 GCC - Raeden ♥
:) It's the same for all my birds too. Like Allee said, just continue to change the water daily and your bird will be A okay.

Most Reactions

Latest posts