We found maui!!!!!!!!!!!

lisamarie973

Sep 25, 2010
Bradenton, FL.
Parrots
Maui - Male CAG (my baby) (Mom's babies) KiKi - Sun Conure, Fred & Wilma - Fisher Lovebirds, Gully,Sweetie,Baby - Cockatiels, Mork & Mindy - Zebra Finches Luna,Sky,Jilly - Budgies 16 Gouldian Finches
Hello everybody,

Unfortunately, I don't have a bunch of time, but, I wanted you guys all to know FIRST!!
Last night, I had just gotten home from work and was on my laptop placing all of my customer's Avon orders (if anyone is interested in seeing an Avon Brochure, let me know, I'm ALWAYS looking for good customers!!)
My oldest daughter was standing out front with my Mom watering my flowers, when a gentleman walked up and asked them if they'd lost a bird. Skeptical (it's been 2 months) They both said, Yes, we did! He said, what does he look like and so both my Mom and daughter anxiously described him to the man. He stopped and said, YEP, I've got your bird, I found him almost 2 months ago, he was in a tree in my back yard, terrified because the Hawks were chasing him and nipping his tail feathers, so, I coaxed him down out of the tree with a cracker. He flew right down to him, grabbed the cracker and began eating like crazy. The man TRIED to walk into his screened in porch and Maui flew back up in the tree because he was spooked. The man and his wife were able to coerce Maui back down AGAIN, the Man immediately put his hands around Maui's wings and pulled him into his chest, so he couldn't fly away again. They successfully got him in the house. He said he's been actively looking for the owners, ever since, but any place he looked, he had no luck, so they bought him a HUGE Macaw cage and decided to keep him, or at least until the day he stopped at my neighbor's house and was telling him about "this bird he found", my neighbor GRILLED him about it and said. "I'll bet you ANYTHING that's Maui, my neighbor's Grey, and she's been devastated and stricken with awful depression over losing him" The man said, "REALLY? what neighbor" He pointed to my house and the man immediately came over.

My daughter came in the house SCREAMING "MOM, they found MAUI!!" We jumped in the car, went to his house and I was shaking from head to toe with anxiety! Could it be??? Could it be MY baby?? I couldn't hardly wait to get in the mans house to see. I walked in (with a brood of people behind me, my family, lol) walked up to the cage and it WAS MY BABY!!!!!

Maui IMMEDIATELY was trying to get to me, whistling, whistling, eye's pinning like crazy, I FINALLY got the cage door opened and he jumped up on me crawled up to the left side of my neck, I wrapped my arms around his whole body, bawling like a baby, crying uncontrollably and he sat in the crook of my neck, making cooing noises for several seconds!!!!! He's been attached to me ever since!!! To include slept on my chest all night long.

Sometimes, he'll just stare at me for the longest time, almost like even HE can't believe, we're reunited. That man's shirt was drenched in the most thankful, happiest tears I've ever cried in my life.

I'm still crying.... Because, I honestly thought I'd NEVER see my baby AGAIN!!!

For ALL of you that gave me continued hope throughout these past two months, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for helping me look for him, as I know so many of you did.
I'm the luckiest girl in ALL the world. Maui, was clipped IMMEDIATELY! I'm NEVER going to take that chance again.

This is such a perfect example to any of you folks that have recently lost your baby,to never give up hope. 2 MONTHS later, I have my love in my life again!!

greycloud

Mar 21, 2010
Baltimore, MD
Parrots
Sammy-Umbrella Too-rescued,
Dexter-CAG-rehomed handicapped,
Sterling-CAG-rehomed retired breeder.
Sunshine-12 yo CAG-adopted
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Awesome news!!!!! Congrats!!!

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure,Chiquita Quaker parrot Sweetie Pie, African red bellied parrot Tiki, spanish timbrado canary Lucas
Oh my god I have tears running down my face right now I am so happy for you and Maui. And three days ago I had my quaker clipped because I am so afrid of that happening. I can't wait to tell hubby the good news we have still been praying for you two... Hugs Alison and sweetie pie:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

KatherineI

Mar 27, 2012
Media
Seattle, WA
Parrots
Loki (GCC) Sugar (Goffins)
Oh Lisa, I'm literally in tears!!!! I am so so SO very happy you have Maui back!!! I can't imagine how difficult the last two months have been for you and how estatic you must be to have him home again!!!

All I can think is how lucky Maui was to have this Good Samaritan take him in so that he was safe, warm and fed.

Mayden

Apr 22, 2010
UK.
Parrots
Merlin & Charlie (Senegals)
Wow, I'm so happy you got your baby back. I'm grateful that this man actually had the decency to get in touch with you about him, some may not have bothered.

I bet he is so glad to be home with you. Congratulations on getting him back, I'm sure we've learnt the lesson here about Maui and doors etc!

Would love to see some pictures of you both reunited. I'm glad you got him home!

IcyWolf

Jul 5, 2011
Etters, Pa
Parrots
~Alexandrine Parakeet~2 Red Lored Amazons~Blue Fronted Amazon~Black capped conure~4 Green Cheeks~4 Parrotlets~2 lineolated parakeets~9 American budgies~9 English budgies~ And lots of babies :)
Soooo happy you got Maui back!!! We just knew you two would be reunited again :D You're family must be so relieved! :D

Molcan2

Jul 19, 2011
Lake Co., Florida
Parrots
Princess Rome- Moluccan Cockatoo (18yrs old), Rosie - Galah/Rose Breasted Cockatoo (2yr old)
I'm sooooo happy for you guys!!!!!! I'm so glad you guys are reunited :D!

ConureCrazy

Jun 13, 2012
Media
California
Parrots
Senegal: Oliver ~~
Yellow-Sided GCC's: Bella and Zora ~~
R.I.P Tweeters the Cockatiel<3
I've been reading your forums before I became a member; I'm SO happy for you!! :)

Featheredsamurai

Aug 24, 2011
California
Parrots
African Greg
2 cockatiels
I'm so happy for you! It's terrible when a bird is lost and hearing that you found her makes me have hope for other people as well :D

What happened to the other gray you rescued?

PetoftheDay

Dec 27, 2010
Boston area, MA
Congratulations! Hey, and maybe now the man, because he's got that big cage, will rescue a bird in need of a home and become a new birdie friend!

How wonderful for everyone concerned. A huge thank-you is certainly in order for the nice man - he knew enough that Maui was being attacked and in need of rescue, capture him twice, and kept him safe all this time!

cdog

Feb 20, 2012
Newbury Park, CA
Parrots
Sully-2 year old cinnamon and Bella-3 year old normal
breeding pair of gcc, Scooter & BeeBee-Sully and Bella's normal son's, Rosey- Bella and Sully's cinnamon daughter, Ella & Sunny-American budgies
Yay! I'm so happy you two are back together. Im jumping with joy for you right now, I have to call my mom and tell her the good news!

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
Such wonderful news. I know your bird is happy to be home where he will be safe and loved again. I would give that man some kind of reward.

lene1949

Sep 26, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Parrots
Cory: Short billed Corella -
Echo: Galah -
Max: Alexandrine -
Skye: Yellow Sided conure -
Luka: Green Cheek Conure -
RIP Shrek: Quaker
OMG... I've got goose bumps all over... Congratulations...

dishgal1

May 1, 2012
Texas
Parrots
Forrest -Yellow sided Green Cheek Conure, Nacho- Sun Conure
OMG.......this just made my day. We have thought of Maui so often and I am so thrilled you got him back. Did the man live near you?
I am crying as I right this because I had the same experience but only took me 2o min to get him back. His wings got clipped right then.
I am SOOOOOOOOOO happy for you and I can definitely feel what you are feeling.
THank you man whoever you are.

Most Reactions