We got our baby! (goffins)

Lycrisa

Mar 4, 2012
Maryland
After the house burned down and we lost the birds my grandmother set
me on a task. To find a goffins cockatoo so the house wouldn't be so quiet any more. So after much debating over different routes and birds we found one online. The lady couldn't find enough time for her. It's a girl, three years old and her name is Riley. She's a lovely little goffins who was playful and curious. She also has every last feather. She came with her cage, playstand and toys. We got her for 200$ with everything included and she came home tonight. We are so happy with her.

Pictures.

6840176220_5334ffe344.jpg

6840176212_c55eb4dbb5.jpg

6840176206_05d08f9068.jpg

6840176230_a726342a59.jpg

Remy

Jul 13, 2011
California
Parrots
Darcy (Golden-Collared Macaw), Puck (Caique - RIP)
She is absolutely ADORABLE!! I love her demure little face!

lene1949

Sep 26, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Parrots
Cory: Short billed Corella -
Echo: Galah -
Max: Alexandrine -
Skye: Yellow Sided conure -
Luka: Green Cheek Conure -
RIP Shrek: Quaker
Congratulations... What a beautiful girl..

FutureDVM

Jan 20, 2012
Colorado
Parrots
Crimson Bellied Conure (Penny), Maximillian Pionus (Piper), Lovebird (Poco)
She is so cute! I have always loved the Goffins. They have such adorable expressions.

Joeyx

Mar 15, 2012
Parrots
Birdie (BFA), Cloud (Lovebird)
congrats, she's very beautiful..... and seems a little camera-shy, hehe. ;D

and i'm sorry about your previous birds. must hurt a lot, losing them
like that.

OP
L

Lycrisa

Mar 4, 2012
Maryland
Thanks guys!
She's too cute. Same day we brought her in she wanted out of the cage and on my shoulder. She's still shy but very outgoing. She's got that baby face for sure.
I'm so pleased with her. I've spent all day making more toys for her. We had a bunch of supplies in the garage left over from when we made them for ghost and she likes what I've done so far. Her nails are really, really long and sharp but the vet said he can trim them for us when she comes in next week. *excited dance*

cdog

Feb 20, 2012
Newbury Park, CA
Parrots
Sully-2 year old cinnamon and Bella-3 year old normal
breeding pair of gcc, Scooter & BeeBee-Sully and Bella's normal son's, Rosey- Bella and Sully's cinnamon daughter, Ella & Sunny-American budgies
I love goffins cockatoos, they are so adorable. Congrats. And I am deeply sorry about your other birds, I cant imagine loosing mine.

luvmytooo

Dec 22, 2011
New York
Parrots
*Yoshi* Goffins Cockatoo
* Rosie*Rose Breasted Galah
*Stella*Hyacinth Macaw
*Baby*Catalina Macaw

*Multiple Parakeets*
Eeeek !! Another Goffin !! She is just adorable :) Love her sweet little face !
You will be absolutely thrilled with her , believe me :) But be ready for those am and pm calls , lolol. Thye only last a short time though :) My guy does his for about 5 or 10 minutes , then he is quiet the rest of the day unless he is talking :)

Congrats on your new baby :)

OP
L

Lycrisa

Mar 4, 2012
Maryland
Sorry for the late reply, it's been crazy around here lately.
Oh she's a hoot. They tried to tell me she isn't vocal, but knowing toos..the only quiet too is a sick one. She's no exception.
She does the funniest thing. Hanging upside down from the cage roof, by one toenail, she swings back and forth at high speed. The whole time she's singing you are my sunshine at the top of her lungs. Only she has an "accent" so it comes out really garbled. I'll have to record it. She had me rolling on the ground the first time she did it.

kc_y0

Nov 17, 2011
Media
Sydney
Parrots
Eclectus Female - Audrey.
Art - Budgie.
Astro - Budgie.
Mini - Budgie, RIP gorgeous girl.
congrats on your new bird! She's so adorable!

luvmytooo

Dec 22, 2011
New York
Parrots
*Yoshi* Goffins Cockatoo
* Rosie*Rose Breasted Galah
*Stella*Hyacinth Macaw
*Baby*Catalina Macaw

*Multiple Parakeets*
Eeeeekkk !!! Pictures ! Pictures ! Pictures ! Must see :)
Congratulations on your new baby !! Goffins are the cutest and can be so comical they will have you rolling all the time :)
My guy is a such a lovebug ..:white1::white1::white1:

gig

Mar 13, 2012
southeastern PA
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot, Bowie; Goffin's Cockatoo, Zazu;
5 beautiful finches
Just noticed this post - I don't go on Cockatoo forum much...She is da bomb! Cutest thing ever! I really did lol when I read your description of the upside down singing thing! I have a baby (5 mos.) red-belly who is very shy so far - but I hear they are comical too, sort of like goffins. I can't wait for the antics to start. I will be fostering a Goffin's - 2yr. old male-shortly, If I'm lucky I'll get him this week. I'm hoping my husband falls in love with him and we adopt him. I know he'll scream, but if it's no for too long and not while my husband is trying to sleep - we'll be ok. I have a cockatoo question: Should you ignore screaming? I'm thinking you should, so they don't become spoiled and scream for your attention even more! Congrats - she's a beauty!

Mozzie

Mar 20, 2012
Media
Utah
Parrots
African grey (peppers)
Blue crown conure (Mozzie)
Sun conure (sunny)
Jenday conure (Bo)
Blue fronted amazon (Casey)
She is sooooooo beautiful! Congrats!! I am sure you will have lots of fun with her.

Most Reactions