We have a squawker!

VICTORYCC124

May 13, 2014
Minnesota
Parrots
Blue Headed Pionus 3yo (Jewel), Green Cheek Conure 3yo (Charlie), Congo African Grey 5yo (Baby Girl), White Capped Pionus 1yo (Leo), Blue Fronted Amazon 4yo (Zora)
So Jewel has become obnoxious over the last month or two. At first it seems like she was squawking due to the vacuum or the kitchen stove fan, but now she just does it all the time. I thought it from the front door being open, or the window being open, or the toddler playing with certain toys. She is just getting worse. I've tried everything I can think of, from checking on her and checking her food, to telling her "no" in my "firm" voice, to ignoring it. I thought it was just attention she wanted but when I go to her and try to pet or handle her, she doesn't want to come. In fact, she skidaddles to the other side of her cage (the top of her cage is her main spot). I should also note that she almost NEVER gets put in her cage. It remains open all the time and she is free to roam as she pleases, and she has lots of places to go (I'll try to include a pic here). I talk to her all day long, and she sees me all day long- everyday. I take her outside to hang out when its nice out. I thought it was because she needed something, because I would absolutely do what I can to make her happy, but I can't seem to find the reason for it. I feel like she is doing it just to bug me sometimes. And she has had an attitude since we clipped her, but that was back in March. ??? Any ideas? TIA

Last edited:

Most Reactions