We have come a long way!

Fae88

Oct 10, 2013
Ohio
Parrots
Bruno (male Grey Cockatiel, under a year old)
Just wanted to thank everyone for the great advice about taming Bruno.

Now he is to the point where I open his cage door and he quickly exits his cage. He hops out on the floor, and then quickly walks to my hand (whether outstretched or not) and hops on!!! He totally prefers me to exploring the room. He is so cute! He either perches on my hand and cocks his head to the side and gives me the cutest looks when I talk to him.

Most of the time though, he spends time on my shoulders preening my hair, and rubbing his face in my hair.

He trusts me enough that he can be mid flight, and I can put out my hand and he will land on it, no problem :).

He is also a big fan of perching in his cage now. He loves his Manzanita perches. He also has almost demolished his willow branch ball, and actively plays with his other toys.

We have come such a far way in such a short time. From him being untame and distrustful of me and everything around him. To him willingly coming to me and preferring my company is AMAZING!

Again I just gotta thank everyone for the great advice and support. Who knows where we would be without it :).

gizzygirl

Jul 23, 2013
MO
Parrots
Ayla, Jondalar (tiels), Lucy ( BG macaw), Phoenix (Camilla macaw), n Gizmo, Annie (Goffin toos)

Most Reactions

Latest posts