We need help!

shart

Nov 2, 2009
Hello!
I registered for this site because I'm desperate to figure out how to stop our lovely, social female cockatiel from "yelling". If she doesn't get attention from whistling or chirping, she starts this squawk thing, over and over and over til I have to cover her cage, which I hate to keep doing. She gets plenty of playtime and attention. She's young, less than a year old and seems really bright.
Any ideas??
Thanks

Ecclipse

Oct 24, 2009
Southern Africa
Parrots
RIP Hugo (African Brown Headed Parrot) 2 years old, lil Rosie May (Lovebird)
Hi there, I cant give you any advice but Auggie's Dad who is a parrot behaviouralist can give you some tips on what to do. He's clued up on behaviour and the reasons behind them. I found that after taking his advice I realised that I was treating the symptoms and not the cause. You need to send a detailed thread with all the info on what the situation is - the more you put in the better so that people can think of ways to help you. There are many more experts on this forum as well who can help you. You have come to the right place - welcome. Good luck!

Auggie's Dad

Administrator
Dec 28, 2007
Media
Albums
South Hadley MA
Parrots
Auggie: Dusky Conure
As hard as it is to do you just need to ignore the inappropriate screaming. But also to minimize it you need to not ignore her appropriate requests for attention. How much out of cage time does she get?

Allyson

Oct 31, 2009
East Coast of Florida
Parrots
1 Indian Ring Neck Parrot named Kacee
I have a similar problem with my ring neck. He's bonded with me and is pretty quiet if I am around, but I work full time and my husband is home during the day and tells me that Kacee screeches ALOT. I am trying to ignore the screeming and rewarding the 'words' but that does not help hubby. Any help in this would be greatly appreciated. I am very new to the 'parrot' world and want to do the best for the whole family.

Most Reactions

Latest posts