Weird Bath Time

RancherGirl

Jan 9, 2011
My pionus dos not like being bathed at all. But when I vacuum near her cage she runs to her waterbowl and dunks herself with her wings open and her feathers puffed up. So I did a little experiment and spayed her with a waterbottle (which is a huge no no in her book, that is dang scarier than the shower) and sure enough she enjoyed it! She opened her wings and invited me to spray her! But the moment I turn it off and try to spray her she freaks out. Anyone have any theories to this behavior? Thanks

OP
R

RancherGirl

Jan 9, 2011
here is a link to a video I took of her... but no spray bottle in hand.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PV2k-5LWf9w]YouTube - ‪BWP and her vacuum‬‏[/ame]

suebee

Jan 13, 2011
lmao the breeder i asked for advice on nut during her hormnonal stage said she sprayed her birds with hoover on!!"! lol but nut hates the hoover, but i agree with merlin lol as breeder
said same thing lol

nofearengineer

Sep 8, 2010
Parrots
Gandalf - CAG (1997-2010) R.I.P. my baby boy.
Bitty - CAG (2 yrs old? and working on spoiling her rotten)
My theory has always been that the low-frequency sound emitted by the vacuum cleaner triggers birds' hard-wired response to thunderstorms. Since a bird can't really "come in out of the rain" so to speak....it's TIME TO GET OUR BATH ON!! No sense wasting a good bathing opportunity.

Mayden

Apr 22, 2010
UK.
Parrots
Merlin & Charlie (Senegals)
My theory has always been that the low-frequency sound emitted by the vacuum cleaner triggers birds' hard-wired response to thunderstorms. Since a bird can't really "come in out of the rain" so to speak....it's TIME TO GET OUR BATH ON!! No sense wasting a good bathing opportunity.

Haha, thats fantastic!

Maybe I'll try this theory with Merlin!

Most Reactions

Latest posts