Weird "dance"

LoryLover

Jan 1, 2013
Southern California
Parrots
Chattering Lory, 18yrs old (Sweet Pea)
Oh yes!... they can be quite feisty,lol!! It's their big personalities though,that make them sooo much fun.

Yes,and hopefully the laughing after attacking vision will remain in the imagination land,lol... what a problem it would be if Pistaschio claimed your hands as his mate... we do lots of things with our hands,and he would be jealous all the time! He would probably be reprimanding you all day long!

OP
LoriBabies

LoriBabies

May 21, 2013
Australia
Parrots
2 x rainbow lorikeets. Pistachio is a normal coloured 1 1/2 yo birdie who's currently on a diet and Zazu is my grey/green or olive baby, about 4 moths old
The big personalities and the fun are what saved his butt last night - seriously, he must have known we were talking about him cause he was nothing but naughty!

He started doing his dance on my housemates head also! Stopped that quick smart. Can't wait til this little phase is done for now - it does stop....right?

LoryLover

Jan 1, 2013
Southern California
Parrots
Chattering Lory, 18yrs old (Sweet Pea)
He was naughty because he knows something is up and isn't happy about it, lol..

What a character Pistachio is, lol... to do his mating dance on your housemate's head! Brave to even have a lorikeet on their head though!

I think the mating behavior is just in the spring, and part of the summer... just this morning, Sweet Pea interpreted some tapping she and I were doing on a container in the kitchen as stimulation for her to assume the mating position. She's been spending lots of time under the bed the last few weeks ... we check every now and then for eggs... so far none. (thank goodness!)

OP
LoriBabies

LoriBabies

May 21, 2013
Australia
Parrots
2 x rainbow lorikeets. Pistachio is a normal coloured 1 1/2 yo birdie who's currently on a diet and Zazu is my grey/green or olive baby, about 4 moths old
Pistachio and Zazu are actually definitely NOT allowed on our heads. But housemate was trying to clean the kitchen and had given up getting Pistachio to hop off, so he ended up sitting on his beanie.

Your comment about spring/summer concerns me - its currently the middle of winter here!

Nocturnal

May 15, 2013
A secret place
Parrots
||Mika, 23 yo senegal parrot||Cayenne, 5 yo sun conure||Katana, 6 yo cockatiel||Monk, 4 yo peachfaced lovie||Onyx, 8 yo BH caique||Pluto & Neptune, 4 yo budgies||Tauntaun, 17 yo U2||
Similar behavior in my boss's blue streak can mean he is in love with something or that he is about to attack, lol

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Yes they have big personalities and would make you laugh so hard...Today I had to take Malachai's cage outside for a good scrub and I don't have a spare cage right now like I usually do so I had to put him into my baby tank since there's no babies in it right now. After I got done scrubbing I went to get him back out and he jumped towards me and climbed all the way up to under my chin and tuck himself under me. I just held him and told him I was sorry. He was very sad, it broke my heart when he did that. But I had no other choice since he won't play on the play stand, he follows me like a dog, and he can fly. So he couldn't go outside with me plus I'll get nothing done with him on me cause he would be getting into everything....lol....

OP
LoriBabies

LoriBabies

May 21, 2013
Australia
Parrots
Awww that is so cute! Neither of my boys are cuddlers, unfortunately. The breeder I bought Zazu from said he was...but he's a wrestler too haha.

I learnt the almost hard way about taking them outside! Soon after we bought Pistachio, we took him outside to play in the potplant on our balcony (he was clipped), we'd done it atleast 20 times before. This day he decided he liked flying (and miraculously was able to), took off, flew over a main road and landed smack on the white line down the middle of the road. I promise you have never seen a girl jump a balcony and throw herself infront of traffic as fast as I did!

Most Reactions