Weird, scary cage behavior today

Ira7

Banned
Banned
Feb 9, 2020
Coral Springs, FL
Parrots
YNA
We were in the living room making a Chinese food order, and my younger son said Archie is acting strange. I look over, and he sure was:

His wings were outstretched halfway, but low, and heā€™s twisting his head under them. His eyes? Pinned like Iā€™ve never seen before.

I immediately think medical, go over to cage, and he happily takes head scratches. Then, heā€™s back to his toys like nothing ever happened, but it was a scary display.

He had a very active July 4th with guests in the house, intense and loud fireworks right outside the front door, but this seemed disconnected to that. It was like the exorcist.

Just a new behavior thatā€™s fairly typical? 15 months old, and heā€™s still weighing in at about 475, a few grams lighter than the light end of some ā€œnormalā€ weight ranges for the species, which is 480 to 680.

Last edited:

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
I would calk it upto the fireworks. They were so bad round us, Salty wigged out during our training session. No animal wants to hear that much loud explosions, except maybe gun dogs.

Most Reactions