Welcome home gift from my house !

Mishcka

Feb 11, 2014
Nashville
Parrots
Cookatoo
So I get home with Loki thinking how nice it will be to sleep in my own bed ! That night I place Loki in bed and I tuck in Tyrion and say my I love u boys and head to fav spot .... Our bedroom ! I crash big time . I pass out cold before my husband came out of the bathroom lol so sometime in the night I start to hear things ... Sorta woke me up a little but I was so sleepy I feel back to sleep ... Then at 5am I heard something strang beside my head and I grabbed my phone and turned on my flashlight app ... Only to see looking at me standing on my night stand a MOUSE ! Looking right at my face about a half foot from my head.... I started screaming jumped up ran over my husband while he was still asleep yelling mouse mouse mouse kill it ! Needless to say he was awake when I stepped on his you knows ! Lol as I was making my escape lol. So we now have 8 mouse traps around our bed and still this mouse runs around the room! He is a smart one.

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
Blue & Gold Macaw (Titan) & Yellow Naped Amazon (Kelly)
Lol! The picture in my head of how this played out is hilarious. And it would so be me if that mouse was a spider instead:)

Sterling1113

Feb 15, 2014
Dallas area, Texas
Lol! The picture in my head of how this played out is hilarious. And it would so be me if that mouse was a spider instead:)

I think if I *ever* woke up or looked up and was face-to-face with a hairy, eight-legged arachnid of any sort I would just instantly faint.
I don't mind them from a distance, or even as pets, but if unexpectidly one were to be THAT close to my face.. I'd just keel over. Hah.

Mice don't really bother me though, I guess. I had gerbils growing up(Until about age 10.) and they escaped their cages quite frequently, so I was used to listening around for them or finding them in unlikely places. Sort of desensitized me to rodents around the house eh? :rolleyes:

Anyway.. RAMBLING!
Hilarious story. Glad ya'll got home okay and you got some rest.. well, atleast for a little while! :p

Kinny

Jul 26, 2013
Media
South Australia
Parrots
1 male Cockatiel
Hahahahahaha! That would be quite a shock waking up to a little mouse staring at you :p I actually love domestic rats, so mice aren't all that bad for me. But I agree with Sterling and riddick.. if it were a spider.. I'd go nuts! I do remember waking up once and then feeling a jab and a sting on my leg, I pulled back my covers to find a big whitetail spider creepily crawling in a racing manner up my leg towards my face... EEEEEEEEEEK!!!!! I FREAKED!!! I HATE SPIDERS!!! So if I were to wake up with one staring at me..I don't know what I'd do... probably pass out or destroy the entire house..or both! Lol

Your poor husband! Did you give him a nice big bearhug afterwards? :p That should fix it.
We actually have mice in our cupboard at the moment.. set up ONE mouse trap with a puny amount of peanut butter...and since yesterday we have caught 9..maybe 10. One of the mice ran straight into the trap when I was sitting there sorting through stuff in the cupboard below, and ALL the cupboard doors were open.. and the trap was not even a foot from my face O.O We have stupid mice.. haha.. thankfully. ;)

Good luck catching yours!

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
LOL OMG!!!! That would be a sight to wake up to! And your poor hubby!

Ps-
Mice have poor vision and often times follow the wall, so if you put the traps parallel along your baseboards you might catch him quicker....good luck!

Most Reactions

Latest posts