What a day....

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
Well, that is a nightmare, but at least they caught it so that you didn't have to catch it yourself....You know what I mean, bringing her home, only to notice days later etc etc.

Good luck!
PS- The digestive problem could have been the cause for the plucking (assuming it has been going on for awhile). It may be a blessing in disguise that you had to take her in and that they kept her for the respiratory infection. I am sorry you are going through all of this. Mine had an upper-respiratory thing and then they found out she had a liver problem (early into my adopting her). Both have cleared up..so....I hope the same is true for yours.

Last edited:
OP
K

katiea

Jul 27, 2018
Well, that is a nightmare, but at least they caught it so that you didn't have to catch it yourself....You know what I mean, bringing her home, only to notice days later etc etc.

Good luck!
PS- The digestive problem could have been the cause for the plucking (assuming it has been going on for awhile). It may be a blessing in disguise that you had to take her in and that they kept her for the respiratory infection. I am sorry you are going through all of this. Mine had an upper-respiratory thing and then they found out she had a liver problem (early into my adopting her). Both have cleared up..so....I hope the same is true for yours.
I don't know how long she's been plucking, or really much of anything about her history. She was already plucking when I got her around a couple months ago.
I don't know what's wrong yet, the vet said she isn't going to the bathroom much, only 2-4 times a day. She's eating plenty and acting normal though. Hopefully it'll be an easy fix

Most Reactions