What are your Macaw's favorite things to eat?

OP
plax

plax

Banned
Banned
Jun 29, 2012
United States
Parrots
'Jack' (Blue & Gold),
'Maynard' (Military),
'Zaffer' (Hyacinth),
'Salsa' (Green-wing)
We've only had Bayshing a month but she regularly askes for popcorn and apples. And she'll keep asking till she get's it. lol. And she know's when her water gets dirty from soaking her fruit in it to because she will ask for more water. lol Her water needs to be changed a couple times a day. She unhydrates her fruit in it. Even her fresh fruit will get soaked in water before consumed. lol
Both Salsa and Maynard are bigtime soup makers. I've had to change Salsa's water 6 or 7 times in a day before. He uses his water for everything you've mentioned, and even more. He soaks fruit, pellets, nuts, wood (slivers, branches, blocks), and paper in it. He stirs it all up, creating a masterpiece of goop each time. But he sure has a great time doing it :)

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Both Salsa and Maynard are bigtime soup makers. I've had to change Salsa's water 6 or 7 times in a day before. He uses his water for everything you've mentioned, and even more. He soaks fruit, pellets, nuts, wood (slivers, branches, blocks), and paper in it. He stirs it all up, creating a masterpiece of goop each time. But he sure has a great time doing it :)

Niko's an expert wine maker. The ONLY thing he dunks constantly is grapes. He must be watching me too much. :rolleyes:

Alisana

May 31, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Yuki - Snow white budgie; Luna - Blue budgie; Pocket - Hahn's Macaw
Not mine, but my friends:

The good:
Palm Nuts
Walnuts
Pine Nuts

The bad:
(Everything? lol)
But really... Shapes. I was eating a box of them and I had to hide them behind a pillow, but he could still hear the packet. So here's a full grown Greenwing sitting there trying to move the pillow to see the Shapes. :(

5088.jpg

chadwick

Nov 7, 2011
Parrots
Yellow Collared Macaw
Severe
Ice cream chips pizza and no I didn't feed the these often lol also likes almonds an d pine nuts he tries to do anything to avoid eating pellets. Lol. Oh yeah he does like Harrison's power treats
Illigers Bonita loco goldenc east nut mix actually they all like this grapes and apples too as well as corn
Catalina Bonita loca nut mix as well as nut meats and friuts mix and they all love almonds and pine nuts
Red front golden pretty bird. Pellets again Bonita loco mix and pretty bird large parrot mix
Blue throat is very picky he pretty much eats roudybush pellets which I have to buy just for him no others. Eat them and almonds he does not like fresh food but roudybush is a good pellet not all that worried

Alwese

Jul 25, 2010
Media
Jacksonville, Florida
Parrots
Clifford-Scarlet Macaw
Kayko- B&G Macaw
Doogie - Catalina Hybrid Macaw
I like this list thing. The foods are listed in order of preferance with the greatest first to the least. Notice that all macaws are individuals just like us and they definitely have their preferances:
Doogie (Catalina Hybird) 19
Frozen peas served frozen
Almonds in the shell
Bananas
Marishino cherries
Sonny's BBQ rib bones
Pistachios
Cashews
Brazil Nuts
Corn on the cob wheels (half inch slice)
Rolls with cinnamon in them
Big green grapes
Peanut butter on celery
Dilute grape juice

Clifford - Scarlet Macaw 9 years old
Rasberries
McDonalds vanilla ice cream
Banana
Brazil Nuts
Cashews
Almonds
Marashino cherries
Fried Chicken leg bones
Molasses cookie
Green grapes
Lemonade
Dilute grape juice

Kayko B&G 30 years old
Cinnamon toast
Bananna
Pretty Bird pellets

Last edited:

pep

Jan 16, 2016
ours loves green grapes & royal gala apples,.,.although late eves will pick through her seeds & nuts,.,shes only 5 months old,.,.ive treid the norm vegies,.,.potato,.corn.brockly but dont seem interested,..,loves a hob knob biscuit though,.,.,by the way we are uk based,.,.i found it hard to get on any british forums,.,.

Weezerj

Mar 29, 2015
Portland, Oregon
Parrots
Illiger's Macaw (Loki)
Loki Tolerates:
Almonds
Palm nuts
Safflower seeds (treats)
Corn
Sweet potato
Squash
Green beans
Orange Juice

Will not tolerate:
Pine nuts
Peas
Oranges

Kirstyr

Nov 9, 2022
Parrots
Gold and blue macaw
Hi was wondering if given broccoli do you cook it first or just raw?

Most Reactions