What do I ask?

Jumpingtadpoles

Oct 22, 2013
Vancouver Island
Parrots
We are looking for a bird for our family. It's very much like we are pregnant and waiting for the day the new addition comes to the family!
What questions should I be asking owners and breeders?

So far I've got:

How long have you had them?
Ok. You say aggressive, how aggressive? How would you explain their aggression? Are they biters, or just generally show they don't want you near? Do they like your company, but not to be touched? Are they cage aggressive?
What do you feed them?
Has the 12 y/o always been yours? What's their histories, if you know them?
Have they been to an avian vet?
Do they come with cage?
How long have you had them?
Have you done any training with them?
Do they swear?
Are they flighted?
Are they socialized, like do you bring them places with you, do you have many visitors, and what about children and pets?

Got any more I should ask?
I'm asking this guy about these:

Blue Fronted Amazons Outside Victoria, Victoria

halogen

May 18, 2013
Media
Wilmette
Parrots
Arya-Cockatiel
Tyrion-Cockatiel
I'd ask along with if they've been to a vet, what for? illness, disorders, or check ups? If a bird has a genetic disease, you'll want to know about it so you can account for that when the bird becomes yours. I'd also ask about who the bird is aggressive towards, if he/she is. For example, if the bird only dislikes children, other pets you may have, or has a preference for guys or girls. (Some birds don't particularly care). You don't want your bird all lovey towards you and then turning and biting a family member.

Most Reactions