What does she like about this so much

marceldacs317

Jul 31, 2013
So... My parakeet loves only two things in this world, besides me of course :). She loves those bird kabob things, and she likes this tiny metal hook that is sticking out of her playstand. I don't understand it, she has a billion toys surrounding her but she prefers the el cheapo metal thing. I think she uses it to scratch her head, and she also tries to chew on it and pull on it. She doesn't seem to get bored of it after all these years, strange...

Pajarita

Banned
Banned
Jul 11, 2013
LOL - Birds do make weird choice but they have their reasons... Just make sure the 'cheapo metal thing' is made out of stainless steel or she will end up with metal poisoning.

ruffledfeathers

Aug 23, 2012
Media
NJ
Parrots
Gilbert Oliver, Blue Crown Conure; Georgie, Sun Conure (2/8/01-8/8/12) RIP little girl; Percy, budgie 1993-1999. RIP Pepito-spanish timbrado canary
HAHA, my budgie had been in love with this stupid little broken toy chick. It was those cheap "peep chicks" they sell for an easter basket. He even learned its call! Go figure! It was so important to him.

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
My budgies seemed to really enjoy the bird kebabs as well! Also liked the popsicle sticks with slits in them (don't know where to find them!) that you could shove together... not to mention destroying any perches or fresh branches! Wish I could have seen their faces when they chewed a perch in half and it fell from beneath them! :D

Most Reactions