Media
Halifax, NS, Canada
Parrots
Kyoto (AKA Kyo)-Green Cheek Conure
Charlie - Canary
Tommy - Budgie
Sunny - budgie
Hi everyone, proud new GCC mom here :)

I am so impressed with my little one so far! She is currently being fed a mix of zupreem pellets (just a few as I know they are high in sugar but she loves them), roudybush crumbles (she eats them but prefers the colourful zupreem unfortunately), a bit of hagen seed mix (no sunflower seeds), and 2-3 nutriberries per day. She is given this in the morning to have in her bowl for the whole day.

When I get home from work, we spend some time eating fresh kale, broccoli, mango, and/or strawberries together. She also gets her water changed in the morning and after her feed of veggies.

I am so happy she at least prefers the pellets to seeds :D When I checked her dish today after work she had eaten almost all of the Zupreem, some of the roudybush, and some of the seed, while her nutriberry was nibbled at but sitting in the bottom of the cage.

What do your conures eat in a day? Quantity as well as what it is? I'm still learning how much to feed (only had her 3 days so far).

:green2:

JellyBean

May 19, 2014
Limerick, Ireland
Parrots
Green Cheeked Conure called JellyBean
My GCC JellyBean has a big appetite for just a small thing.. during the day he has pellets, a selection of fresh fruit (apple, blueberries, raspberries, a grape or two) and veg (broccoli, kale, peppers, mangetout, corn) - sometimes some egg and pulses and occasionally some birdy bread (which he loves). Just before he goes to bed he gets a treat of seeds. When we first had him, he would only eat seeds, took me ages to get him onto pellets - finally found the ones he loves "Harrisons Chilli Pepper Pellets!"

OP
Kyoto

Kyoto

Mar 18, 2015
Media
Halifax, NS, Canada
Parrots
Kyoto (AKA Kyo)-Green Cheek Conure
Charlie - Canary
Tommy - Budgie
Sunny - budgie
I've been very lucky that Kyo seems to eat her pellets as a reference to the seeds. I still offer her some seed anyways, and she'll usually pick through it.

I wish I could offer her fresh food ALL day, but I work 9-3:30 and don't get home until 4 or 5 somedays, so I just don't want to leave fresh food in her cage that long. We sit together and try new foods when she's out playing with me.

OneHorseRanch

May 25, 2014
California
Parrots
One Green Cheek Conure, Sheldon. Hatch date: 7/27/13
Sheldon gets a Tbl of "soak n cook" bean and grain mix with a Tbl of seeds in the morning. I try to get him some fresh fruit but dont like to leave it all day. He also gets bites of our breakfast so he doesnt feel left out. In the afternoon I'll replaced the bean and seed mix with a tsp of fresh seeds and get him some fruit and veggies. He always has Roudybush pellets avail. I'm new to this too and I'm going by what the breeder suggested. I also keep a list of foods he "cant" eat taped to the cabinets. Mostly he likes a taste of whatever we happen to be eating, so he gets a pretty good variety.

Lullx

Mar 6, 2015
Central New York
Parrots
Nephele - Baby CAG | Genevieve & Phaedrus - Green Cheeks | Lucy - Lutino Cockatiel | Ludo, Zero & Anzu - Budgerigars
I give my conures (and cockatiel; all three eat together) a chop mix in the morning, sometimes sprinkled with some sort of grain or goody like millet or rice cereal.
If I have eggs for my own breakfast, I put a little piece aside and try feeding that to them. They haven't accepted the glory of cooked eggs yet, but I'm confident they will in time.

Then mid-afternoon after their nap, I give them a fortified seed mix, which they have to forage for. I almost never just place it in a bowl for them to go at during the day.

Then later in the day they get a mix of natural Zupreem, fruit Zupreem, and Roudybush pellets.

For dinner I often give them a bird-safe version of whatever I made for human dinner, or fresh veggies. Fruit is mostly a treat, usually blueberries, and I give them some fruit randomly through the day when they're being good. I also give them bird popcorn when they're behaved, and for training. I can get them to do just about anything for some popcorn haha

At night, I put a fresh batch of seed mix in their cage and let them have that overnight. I get up a little later in the morning than they do (around 10am due to my health), so the seed is there so they're not hungry first thing when they wake up.
I say good morning, open their cage, and someone usually comes with me to serve up the chop.

Most Reactions

Latest posts