What is she colour wise?

Kikary

Jun 16, 2016
UK
Parrots
1 female Cockatiel
Hello,

I got a new female cockatiel of almost 2 years and I was curious about her genetic makeup but am having trouble.

I was thinking white face and pearl or pied but not sure, any ideas?

j3tBZIS.jpg

luS75Xi.jpg

KqrhpeX.jpg

the cage shes in is her traveling cage, getting a bigger one tomorrow but shes "freaked" out poor thing so dont want to move her yet, any ideas on that one?
shes the first cockatiel I got that didnt start eating, drinking and behaving normally after getting her...

Thnak you!

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
I would call it a white face pearl.
texsize

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
She is gorgeous! Hopefully she will have settled down a bit by the time her cage arrives. Will she come out for you?

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Very striking pic, looks almost like a black and white photo.

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
Welcome to the forum :) I am new,as far as cockatiel parronting goes,all I know is "common grey" lol :rolleyes:, since that is the color of BB.

I am amazed at all of the color variations of the 'tiel family. Yours is very pretty for sure. :D

Jim

OP
Kikary

Kikary

Jun 16, 2016
UK
Parrots
1 female Cockatiel
Re: What is she colour wise? plus help...

I know, shes so pretty!!!

She used to be with another cockatiel bit the owner had to downsize so she had to go.

I know it will be harder to tame her cause im not sure she is hand tame plus she was with another cockatiel in her previous home.

Im actually a bit worried, for 10 years I had birds plus 4 cockatiels in those 10 years (two of them still got them) and her behaviour never happened to me before.

shes always on her perch, im 90% of my time now on my bedroom with her and she doesnt seem to drink or eat.
She moves to the end of the perch if I get to close but doesnt hiss (nt that bad then) and the only time she hisses is when im partly covering her for the night.

she is scared to the feathers of me and if not scared then she for sure doesnt know what to make of me and this never happened before. All the other cockatiels I had (3 from pet shop, 1 from breeder) were never this shy and always started eating and drinking, sure they hissed a bit but after a while or three days later they would let me hold them...

not sure what to do, for now im giving her space.

OP
Kikary

Kikary

Jun 16, 2016
UK
Parrots
1 female Cockatiel
I'm seeind some yellow so I'd guess there's some pied in there

I have to make sure on that, dont want to crowd her to much yet but i think thats a poo stain since she was with another tiel :D:D

gracebowen

Jan 14, 2015
San Antonio
Parrots
Cora lovebird
Sky parakeet
Oh and I see some yellow on her back, in her primary flight feathers and on her tail feathers.

I have a lutino tiel and I noticed some dark spots on her feathers.

At first I thought it was poo too but it's still there. Now I think one of her parents has some cinnamon.

OP
Kikary

Kikary

Jun 16, 2016
UK
Parrots
1 female Cockatiel
new cage is turning in today, have several natural branches ( all prepared) for it plus im making toys for her and putting them in before i move her.
shes skittish of me, do i move her right after new cage is ready for ber or ket her settle down for a couple more days?

OP
Kikary

Kikary

Jun 16, 2016
UK
Parrots
1 female Cockatiel
i know!!! so pretty but so fearful of me ��
going to have to work on her really hard

Most Reactions