What should I name my parrot?

alwin

Dec 22, 2014
india
Parrots
indian alexandrine parrot
I have a baby indian alexandrine parrot . he is 12 days old. I very happy to have a new member in our home. But I am confuss what should I keep his name...

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Your baby is only 12 days old? Are you hand feeding him? Does he already have a name and you want to change it or you're looking for new name suggestions.

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
I'm guessing you brought him home with you 12 days ago not that he hatched from his egg 12 days ago:)

I saw in your other post you're from India, so I'm not sure if you'd want to use a english name or indian name for him/her. It's common here for people to name parrots after fruits, flowers, things of a similar color to the bird and sometimes human names they like. Hope that sparks an idea for what to name your new baby:)

OP
A

alwin

Dec 22, 2014
india
Parrots
Kiwibird thanks for the idea......

OP
A

alwin

Dec 22, 2014
india
Parrots
I kept my parrot name
RANGO ...

EAI

Jul 25, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Parrots
Budgerigar: Arrow, Esther, Kratos, Cora, Ducky.

Lovebird: Izzy, Gizmo.
Rango is a great name! We would love to see pictures of your new baby?

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
RANGO is a perfect name, Alwin. I would also like to see pics of Rango.

Most Reactions