Louie
Ronaldo
Griffin
JJ
McPhee
Jordy
Pepa
Robbie
Hi there, hope everyone’s well! I haven’t had my boy Robbie for very long, but I’m loving his company. He’s the perfect companion❤️anyways, I was just wondering if anyone could tell me what subspecies my boy is. He’s a pretty small boy and at least a year old. Here are some pictures!
DB0258C1-377D-49DA-BFB4-8B031468E8CE.jpeg
E0D9DE76-B2EC-44D1-83E3-62F058E1BBC2.jpeg
9B941321-30B0-4B59-99B5-5C61ECEEC57C.jpeg

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
Lincoln (Eclectus), Apollo (Cockatiel), Aster (GCC)
I didn't even know there were different galah subspecies but I looked into it a little and I THINK your galah is E. r. albiceps. just based on the eye ring. i cant see very well if the pink extends down the neck in the pictures you provided. This thread has a brief breakdown:

OP
BellaLikesBirds

BellaLikesBirds

Feb 2, 2022
Parrots
Otis
Okami
🕊️Falcore
🕊️Peetrie
Arietty
Louie
Ronaldo
Griffin
JJ
McPhee
Jordy
Pepa
Robbie
I didn't even know there were different galah subspecies but I looked into it a little and I THINK your galah is E. r. albiceps. just based on the eye ring. i cant see very well if the pink extends down the neck in the pictures you provided. This thread has a brief breakdown:
Thank you so much! I saw this thread and also thought he’s an eastern galah. Thing is, whilst researching I noticed that people are saying that the eye rings depend on factors like the amount of natural sunlight they receive, their age (that the pink and/or crustiness may appear over time) and gender (that the pink is more common in males). It’s really difficult to tell - the three subspecies have also breaded together so much that their not-so-distinctive traits become even less distinctive. It really doesn’t matter what subspecies he is, I’m just curious😅thank you!

Most Reactions

Latest posts