What type of parrot do I have?

MyFlock

Apr 15, 2015
Parrots
Conures, 2 Red bellied parrots lovebirds.
Here is the food for the bird. I can only attach 1 pic. at one reply.:green1:

If you by chance you end up keeping him I'd opt for a better food. I feed my lovies Petite small hookbill Goldenfeast mixed with a good bird seed. In the afternoon they get Just Veggies mix, Just Fruit Munchies broken in bits, some Nutriberries and Avicakes. You can try fresh greens, veg and fruit but I've never had any luck with fresh. For fresh I'd start with peas and sweet corn cut off the cob ( you don't have to cook it) some fresh Kale and other greens, fruits- try diced Apple.

OP
N

Nakiami

Sep 26, 2015
I do not know what previous life the bird had, it is hard for me and my family to watch as the bird always screams and struggling in trying to get out of the cage, and I do not know how to make it easier on his adaptation to a new home. That what makes me worry. Maybe the bird is missing old owners too much, but I do not know it for sure. The bird is not eating any fruits, not apples or grapes. I will get him some treats tomorrow.

MyFlock

Apr 15, 2015
Parrots
Conures, 2 Red bellied parrots lovebirds.
Your bird is ok, he might be missing his flock. He could be bored in a cage without any toys to entertain himself. I'd pick up some little toys for him as well. Some millet sprays should settle him down. Also Grab some Avicakes if you can.

sonja

Jul 31, 2012
Since he won't be with you long you can even give him some paper or paper towels to shred instead of buying toys. They like to tear things up for fun.

Most Reactions