Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Well, I think my number one pet peeve is - people who count how many items I have in the express lane... :D (That's right. I did it just to piss you off! I take grocery shopping personally.) :D

And that was just to push someone's buttons... cuz it's what I do...

I always wanted to be a peever instead of a peeved!

Mariar

May 9, 2014
Clearwater Florida but grew up in Wisconsin
Parrots
Doolie,Yellow nape amazon(r.i.p.03/10/15)
Sissy,severe macaw(rescued on 03-16-15) chirpy,sparrow(beak less) jack,Jill,chase,fiona,finch, and tiger,sulfer crested(rescued 04/15/20
Rudeness...I was working on the floor at bar as a server on Sunday. Yes Tampa was playing ...yes I was wearing my Greenbay gear..get over it. Two trays full of drinks..both hands..and these "fans" couldn't even move outta my way so I can get thru. I'm five foot four..and can and did get extremely loud and rude right back. Manners people...goes along way.

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
1. Lashing out in anger, fear, and ignorance at someone without knowing all (or any) of the facts;

2. Drunk Drivers, which we seem to have an abundance of in San Antonio;

3. DONALD TRUMP! WOULD YOU PLEASE JUST SHUT THE HELL UP!!!

4. Jed York. Ruined ANOTHER 49ers contender... Please sell that team. Honorable Mention: Jerry Jones, and the punk who owns the Redskins.

5. My ex-wife. Seems to press every button I've got within five minutes of entering the room, or the first 30 seconds of a telephone call.

6. Acts of senseless violence, no matter who is perpetrating them.

7. Anyone who mistreats animals, children, or women.

8. The phrase: "Does it talk? Make it say something."

9. About half the FAR's... (FAA Regulations.)

10. The Texas Supreme Court... [As biased and far right as you can get!]

11. The proliferation of gun violence in this country...

12. Censorship.

13. The guy who thinks it's appropriate to have a conversation with his buddy in the center of the roadway, blocking traffic because he can't be bothered to pull to the curb. (Hey, it's cool to stop and talk to your buddy - but PULL OVER!) Especially when there are parked cars on either side, and the guy standing there talking, is in the other lane of travel.... so both lanes are blocked. Okay, we're holding everyone up, and traffic is backing up for six blocks - but just one more thing... Blah, blah, blah...

Last edited:

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
Oh Mark!!! ROFLMAO!!!

THE OTHER DAY I HAD 17 ITEMS IN THE 15 ITEMS OR LESS LINE... AND THE GUY BEHIND ME CALLED ME ON IT.

There were only three people in line! I didn't even notice the sign to tell you the truth...

BUT IT'S A RULE! AND YOU BROKE IT! (This guy tried to convince the checkout girl to kick me out of line... ) Only succeeded in pretty much pissing off everyone within earshot.

Hey, make a notation on my permanent record - assuming there's any room left in the "Remarks" column.

Another "Attitude needs improvement" check mark. From someone giving ME attitude...

Last edited:

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
Well, I think my number one pet peeve is - people who count how many items I have in the express lane... :D (That's right. I did it just to piss you off! I take grocery shopping personally.) :D

And that was just to push someone's buttons... cuz it's what I do...

I always wanted to be a peever instead of a peeved!

There are times when button pushing is fun... (when you're pushing someone else's buttons, just to get a rise out of them.)

There are other times when button pushing is just plain annoying... (when someone is pushing your buttons, just to get a rise out of you.)

Last edited:

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
Hello everyone!

CELL PHONES (how/when/why/how often they are used)

Yup, all in caps. Why? No, not because I'm some old fart who doesn't like technology and stuff, BUT because they (CELL PHONES) get in the way!

Cell phones are GREAT in case of an emergency!

WHY use them in the supermarket to talk loudly to your besties about your most intimate troubles WHILE people around you are shopping? :rolleyes:

WHY have them on in the movie theater while folks around you are truly attempting to watch a movie?

WHY text non stop???? WHAT is so important that can't wait?

Using cell phones while in the car is my absolute BIGGEST pet peeve! Someone calling you while you're on the road? Can it wait? Can you call back once you've reached your destination?

Someone texting you while you're driving? I better not be the co-passenger while you 'take' that text and/or attempt to reply.

That's an age group thing. I'm not a cell phone junkie...

My daughter is.

I STILL can't believe we had to pass a law making it illegal to text and drive... LIKE FOLKS CAN FIGURE OUT ON THEIR OWN IT'S A BAD IDEA...

And it seems to be one of the most ignored laws on the books around here...

Right up there with the "suggestion" that drinking and driving might be a bad idea... [THAT'S FOR PEOPLE WHO CAN'T HANDLE THEIR LIQUOR. NOT FOR EXPERIENCED DRINKERS!] :mad:

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
Yes! The same person with the cart load will also pay cash or cash/check split. Seriously?! Do you want us to polish your shoes too? Haha
And they have dozens of coupons to sort through, and want price checks on half their stuff.

HOW ABOUT THE GUY WHO THINKS THEY OVERCHARGED HIM BY TEN CENTS ON SOME ITEM - NO, NO THE SIGN SAID 89 CENTS, NOT 99 CENTS... AND HE INSISTS ON HOLDING UP THE LINE FOR TWENTY MINUTES WHILE THEY SEND SOMEONE TO GO INVESTIGATE THE SIGNAGE, AND THEN HE NEEDS TO SPEAK TO THE MANAGER ABOUT IT....

Dude! Here's a dime. LET IT GO!

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
Aside from being drunk, driver's around here are hyper-competitive.

It's either a race, and they cut you off to get there first...

Or, oh no you don't... not in front of me.

The other day I signaled to change lanes (MY FIRST MISTAKE) and there was an opening of about two car lengths when I started to change lanes. THE GUY IN THE LANE NEXT TO ME PUNCHES IT (RAMMING SPEED!) THE MINUTE I SIGNAL.... HITS THE GAS AND THE HORN AT THE SAME TIME.

NOT IN FRONT OF ME YOU DON'T...

And really, THE FAST AND THE FURIOUS... those stunts were perfomed by professionally trained drivers, and were coreographed on a closed roadway... attempting to duplicate them in rush hour traffic, at two to three times the speed of everyone around you, especially where you've had a few...

Pretty much ends in a wreck...

THIS AIN'T NASCAR... It's a 45 mph roadway where everyone's doing 25 cuz it's stop and go traffic. 90 is just not a good idea...

If you're behind me, I'm in harms way.

If you're in front of me, when you wreck, it just takes that much longer to get home.

Last edited:

DexMom

Jul 18, 2015
New Jersey
Parrots
Dexter, SI Eclectus
Racists and bigots, most especially ones that run for President.

People who post inflammatory articles, memes and graphics without fact checking first.

People who believe and propagate the ridiculous stories and scams that a simple snopes search proves untrue. I have a nephew (adult) who does this ALL THE TIME. Dude, you're constantly proven wrong, why don't you just check first before forwarding the message about the dangerous computer virus that's going to crawl out of your computer keyboard and give you a tapeworm?

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Took my Mom to the eye doctor for some tests that included dilation and witnessed 2 terrible breaches of cellphone etiquette in the waiting room. One was the worst!

A- A lady was arguing with some sort of bill collector. The conversation became heated, and several pair of eyes in the waiting room were figuratively drilling at her. "Take your problem outside, or better yet, do so in the privacy of your car/home/apartment/room!

B- A loud cellphone jingle summoned another lady to her phone. She proceeded to have a nearly 5 minute conversation on speakerphone. ON SPEAKERPHONE! :confused:

Dinosrawr

Aug 15, 2013
Saskatoon, SK, Canada
Parrots
Avery, a GCC born on March 5th, 2013 & Shiko, a blue IRN born on February 25th, 2014
Dude, you're constantly proven wrong, why don't you just check first before forwarding the message about the dangerous computer virus that's going to crawl out of your computer keyboard and give you a tapeworm?

LOL! I almost spat out my food from laughing when I read this! I 100% agree. A friend recently posted a "scientific" article that says people who drink often are healthier than those who don't. It was published in October, and their only reference is themselves from 5 months ago. Bogus much?

It's so hard when you see it too, because all it takes is a simple, "is this true?" Google search and with some critical searching/thinking, you can find the real answer.

Flboy

Dec 28, 2014
Greater Orlando area, Florida
Parrots
JoJo, 'Special' GCC, Bongo, Cinnamon GCC(wife's)
My issue is a new poster, one post and gone! And it always starts with, 'I never had a bird, but got stuck with a______ and really need help' or, 'my bird's foot started dragging, should I be concerned?' and they never log back in!
Hit And Run Poster---- HARP

Last edited:

Aquila

Nov 19, 2012
Philadelphia
Parrots
Sydney - Blue Front Amazon
Gonzo - Congo African Grey
Willow - Cockatiel
RIP:
Snowy, Ivy, Kiwi, Ghost - Parakeets
Berry - Cinnamon GCC
My issue is a new poster, one post and gone! And it always starts with, 'I never had a bird, but got stuck with a______ and really need help' or, 'my bird's foot started dragging, should I be concerned?' and they never log back in!
It's like the cliffhanger at the end of a TV series that gets canceled.:eek:

Most Reactions