What would you want your breeder to train?

What would you like a breeder to work on before your bird comes home

• Wear an Aviator harness or Flight Suit diaper/ harness

Votes: 22 61.1%
  • Begin learning to return to cage or to owner on command

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Take liquid from a syringe

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Accept towling and/or enter carrier without resisting

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • give foot for nail trim or wing for wing trim

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Other

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • None, I feel training is important to bonding and wish to do all training on my own

Votes: 4 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sabo

Apr 10, 2015
If it's a bird that's known to speak, definitely to speak a word or two. Cause it would assure a potential buyer that the bird wants to learn to talk. I really hope my conure at least eventually learns to mimic sounds if not speech. I think it's awesome when birds can make more than bird calls or screaming noises. That's sort of one of the most defining features about a bird imo. Sure they have flight, but it's not like I can climb onto their backs and go for a ride.

OP
SilverSage

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Eclectus, CAG, BH Pionus, Maximilian’s Pionus, Quakers, Indian Ringnecks, Green Cheeked Conures, Black Capped Conures, Cockatiels, Lovebirds, Budgies, Canaries, Diamond Doves, Zebra Finches, Society F
It's interesting that you mention that, but typically birds are not yeti earning to speak when they go home; maybe in the better talking species that I have less experience with, but as a breeder I would shy away from focusing on this specifically because I try to be sure talking is never the priority of my buyers. I have noticed over the years that most people who get a bird because it can talk rather than because they are in love with the other personality traits tend to rehome quickly and often when the rest of the bird experience isn't quite as cool as the talking.

Most Reactions

Latest posts