What's wrong with the world

OP
cdog

cdog

Feb 20, 2012
Newbury Park, CA
Parrots
Sully-2 year old cinnamon and Bella-3 year old normal
breeding pair of gcc, Scooter & BeeBee-Sully and Bella's normal son's, Rosey- Bella and Sully's cinnamon daughter, Ella & Sunny-American budgies
Bmi is definitley bull. My dad is almost all muscle on his upper body but it says he is morbidly obese because it doesnt take into account the muscle, just your height and weight. He is overweight but not obese.

I would call her up but I dont have her number. Plus I dont drive so it would be weird having my parents drive us to the movies for a date. I just mesaged her on facebook because I havent talked to her in so long so I dont know if she even thinks of me as a friend anymore.

dishgal1

May 1, 2012
Texas
Parrots
Forrest -Yellow sided Green Cheek Conure, Nacho- Sun Conure
Just my 2 cents but the reason obesity is a problem in the US is GMO foods (Genetically modified foods)...if you don't know then you should definitely do your research. Also High fructose corn syrup, hydrogenated, polyunsaturated all contribute to obesity.
I get so angry because they are not addressing the issue that is causing obesity.....that being said......OUR FOOD SUPPLY.

I know a great website if you would like to learn more about all of this. Dr Mercola is a doctor. www.mercola.com

You can sign up for newsletters and learn what is causing a lot of our problems.

PortaPerch

Apr 28, 2012
SurfCity, SoCalif
Parrots
Chewbaca, F. Galah, h10/10;
Greybeard, M. Congo AG h03/09
Bodies are just like computers: GIGO - Garbage In = Garbage Out.

I have a very valuable neighbor who drags me out for an hour of forced hike and parkbench pushups every morning. My blood tests are good enough for a 19 year old, and my treadmill is about what the Dr. expects for a 40 year old. (I've improved stamina since then.) A lot of my younger friends are dying of old age.

I'm weak for sweets, so I carry an extra 40 or so pounds. There is a new bestseller I'm gonna' buy: "The Compass of Pleasure." It's about all kinds of addictions, from coke to coffee, and how those trigger your brain to seek more.

Until 10,000 years ago when farming started, the average man was six feet tall, and at his peak equal to our top athletes. Farming led to single crop diets, malnutrition, chronic diseases and stunted growth. It's been out of print a long time, but the "Paleolithic Prescription" is one of my all time favorite books.

Last edited:

ann

Feb 18, 2011
USA
Parrots
1 nanday conure Black Jack, 1 Brotogeris parakeet Whiff, 1 ring neck dove Eliza, and 6 society finches (3 are tame). RIP my parent pairs of societies and my little gouldian finches
i agree, being healthy no matter what weight you are is best. however many people (not you guys, im just venting) think that people with eating disorders are shallow and vain. this is so untrue, its a disease, even genetic sometimes, and its something they struggle with every day of their lives. its not something they want or choose, its because in this day everyone thinks thinner is better and people have such low self esteem and such a need to please others they will do anything to get it, even if they have to starve themselves to the point of emaciation to do it. if only people accepted people for the way they are and not make 10 year old girls feel fat and start trying to diet in the fourth grade. its sickening, the media portrays anorexics and bulimics as people that enjoy being so thin their bones show and their hair falls out and that dont think twice about purging or starving, when really they would do anything to get better. i just hope in the future, we can be 500 pounds or 50 pounds without being judged. oh and cdog, get her number, and ask her on the phone. as a girl i can say we dont like being asked by text lol. call her and tell her how you feel, it will mean the world to her, if just one person called me beautiful, i would remember it for the rest of my life. just tell her, it will mean the world to her. as far as driving goes, maybe you can find a place you can both walk to so your parents dont have to drive you. good luck!

OP
cdog

cdog

Feb 20, 2012
Newbury Park, CA
Parrots
breeding pair of gcc, Scooter & BeeBee-Sully and Bella's normal son's, Rosey- Bella and Sully's cinnamon daughter, Ella & Sunny-American budgies
I wish I had an extra 20 pounds on me, I'm 6'2" and only 130 so I'm under weight. I should really start eating healthier because when I'm older I wont be able to eat like I do and not gain weight.

RescueMe

Mar 28, 2012
King George, VA
Parrots
"Sparky" the Blue and gold macaw, "Jax" Red fronted macaw, and "Little Bird" peach faced lovebird
`QI have to say, I have been struggling with my weight for the last few years. I am currently 165Lbs and 5'8" I am fit, large boned, and for my preference a little too fluffy. I recently lost a little over 10Lbs and am working toward loosing another 10 in the next few months. I have chronic health issues that prevented me from being active, and the side effects from the meds I am on contribute to weight gain. I am feeling better and am able to work more on my diet and activity that has been neglected. I have never been "fat" but since I train horses I feel it is my duty to stay fit and be as healthy as possible for the sake of my horses. I do see the negative impact of advertising with unrealistically thin women, we are all individuals and it is possible to be fit or fat at 5'2" and petite or 6'4" and large boned. Advertising may be part of the problem, but so many contributing factors exist that arguments could continue forever. I hope that people can find ways to be healthy and happy regardless of how others perceive them. I too agree that proper diet is imperative to the health of the nation.

OP
cdog

cdog

Feb 20, 2012
Newbury Park, CA
Parrots
i agree, being healthy no matter what weight you are is best. however many people (not you guys, im just venting) think that people with eating disorders are shallow and vain. this is so untrue, its a disease, even genetic sometimes, and its something they struggle with every day of their lives. its not something they want or choose, its because in this day everyone thinks thinner is better and people have such low self esteem and such a need to please others they will do anything to get it, even if they have to starve themselves to the point of emaciation to do it. if only people accepted people for the way they are and not make 10 year old girls feel fat and start trying to diet in the fourth grade. its sickening, the media portrays anorexics and bulimics as people that enjoy being so thin their bones show and their hair falls out and that dont think twice about purging or starving, when really they would do anything to get better. i just hope in the future, we can be 500 pounds or 50 pounds without being judged. oh and cdog, get her number, and ask her on the phone. as a girl i can say we dont like being asked by text lol. call her and tell her how you feel, it will mean the world to her, if just one person called me beautiful, i would remember it for the rest of my life. just tell her, it will mean the world to her. as far as driving goes, maybe you can find a place you can both walk to so your parents dont have to drive you. good luck!

I would never ask her out by text, I just messaged her on facebook to say hi so we can get back in touch. I havent been at school for six months so I havent seen her for that long and I havent talked to her for even longer other than saying hi. I want to become friends again before I ask her out because it would be weird to just ask her out of nowhere wouldnt it? I havent been in a relationship since 7th grade so I'm a little rusty when it comes to asking girls out, I have no problem fliring with them it's the asking out that I'm not good with.

jaimmorr

Jul 21, 2011
USA
Parrots
Ricco - Goffin's Cockatoo

Thank you for pointing that out about eating disorders. I respect you for saying that. I have friends with eating disorders, many of them.

PortaPerch

Apr 28, 2012
SurfCity, SoCalif
Parrots
Chewbaca, F. Galah, h10/10;
Greybeard, M. Congo AG h03/09
Eating disorders have lots of side effects. A woman in her 40s I know is obese. She has diabetes, of course, and lots of other problems from it. She was going down stairs a few months ago, and because she couldn't see her feet, she missed a step and fell, breaking an ankle. During a routine eye exam last week, they found a tumor inside her eye. It's cancerous, so they will remove the tumor. 30 years ago, they would have just removed the eye. Surgery, and many other things, are complicated by obesity.

Eating disorders are addictions, just like smoking, alcohol, and illegal and prescription drugs. They should be treated as such. Some are just more socially acceptable than others. We need a new approach to attack them all.

ann

Feb 18, 2011
USA
Parrots
1 nanday conure Black Jack, 1 Brotogeris parakeet Whiff, 1 ring neck dove Eliza, and 6 society finches (3 are tame). RIP my parent pairs of societies and my little gouldian finches
im so glad everyone here understands each others problems and that no one is judging. when we learn about eating disorders in school, people laugh. how could someone laugh at a disease that affects so many people! cdog, just text her allot on facebook and get to know her. then ask her to hang out. if it goes well ask her on a date, just be confident how could she say no :)!

Most Reactions

Latest posts