Wheeecht, what a week!

Von1983

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
Media
Hi guys and girls!

Sorry I haven't been around much this week....it's been hectic. We're both exhausted and it feels like everyone we've ever known has come to visit us and although it's fun it's tiring. As is the fact the shop has been manic....obviously great, but exhausting also!!!

Cal has become a celebrity of late lol. We've had parents come into the shop who've never been in before because their children have told them we "have a parrot" lol. It's been really unbelievable. She's just so kind to everyone and we have people who've never set foot in here coming regularly now. To think we only have Cal in here so she's with us as much as possible!

I found myself with 3 adults and 6 children doing a Q&A on her the other day which was a bit surreal. She was loving it, hanging upside down which she does when she's showing off and randomly making eye contact with people and doing the "conure wing stretch greeting". She's SUCH a flirt.

I'm looking at getting a harness for her because we can comfortably now touch her all over and gently stretch her wings. I think she will adore being closer to people. The most I will allow with strangers is supervised "step up" onto a stick inside the cage which children find amazing and Cal gets REALLY excited about and makes it very clear she wants OFF the stick and ONTO the hand lol. She shimmies along there like a stealthy spy!

She's started trying to talk more and more this week too....the main one perfecting "thankyou" through listening to us all day lol. The funniest has been in out of cage times when you stop her from doing something she shouldn't we gently say uhuhuh!! Yeah, Cal has started doing it back when you take something she wants out of her reach etc. haha! She also now does a darn good imitation of my laugh!

Oh my....so busy BUSY week all in all but thankfully all the furry and feather kids have thought it was huge fun!

Olly was delighted to have children again as he adores them. It's just a shame you spend most of the time removing his tounge from their cheeks....ho hum!

Last but not least, our neighbours were on the chat show Jeremy Kyle. It's where residents of the UK go to embarrass themselves lol. That was both entertaining and slightly weird.

Sorry for rambling on and on lol - you know how I get :rolleyes: ;)

So, hopefully business as usual this week!

I hope all of you and the fids are happy and healthy.
EDIT: We're laughing SO hard right now! Cal's babbling away and has just said: Thankyou, I love you! If that won't get people to return time again I don't know what will! It's only tone and babble but it's becoming clearer all the time. So cute <3

Last edited:
OP
V

Von1983

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
Media
hah! Nice, but it'll be great to shut the shop tomorrow at 12.30 for the afternoon (our only time off)!

Yes, sadly she still does although it's calmed down slightly this week! *cringe!*

Dj tweet

Aug 11, 2010
New Zealand
Parrots
Pheonix- alexandrine parrot
1 September 2010

mikki- barraband x king parrot
21yrs old
Hey Von was thinking of you the other day and was going mesage you
I'm glad cal is doing good sounds like she's loving the celebrity lifestyle

It's such a long way from where she was when you brought her

Keep up the good work and as cal would say
thankyou. ;)

OP
V

Von1983

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
Media
lol! Ty!

Yeah, she's having brilliant fun bless her. She tried plain popcorn for the first time last night - I finally found some lol. By the end I looked like I had a severe case of dandruff.

Ho hum!

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
So much joy and pleasure having a bird :rainbow1: