When do your birds take naps?

happycat

Mar 9, 2012
Virginia, U.S.
Parrots
Kakariki (Kirby) Cockatiel (Shiro) Jenday Conure (Jojo)
Do your birds take naps in the day? I sometimes notice Kirby napping and would say he naps once or more a day.
Kirby usually naps between 10-12 to 1-3 PM. First I notice him
blink veerry slowly, usually followed by him lifting
his foot and/or grinding his beak. Then he ruffles his feathers and falls asleep.
So cute! :D
I think he naps longer the later he goes to bed. I will admit I sometimes keep him up late. Last night he went to bed at 1 AM.
Its funny, he acts just like a human when hes tired.
He gets all crabby and bites at me! XD

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
Jackie takes naps when my toddler takes naps lol I turn the lights off, turn the radio on and Jackie and my son get a 1-2 hour nap twice a day :)

Kalidasa

May 8, 2013
Media
Michigan
Parrots
1 green cheek conure (Kumar)
2 male budgies (Charlie and Diego)
I wish! Never! Super high energy all day right until bedtime.

birdy_numnum

Jun 14, 2013
Media
Parrots
Alexandrine Parakeet
Dont worry abt the naps when ever they wana take a nap they do ,we should come to know that that they are not wild any more, they get their food from time to time, un like wild birds which have to fly from place to place to get food. which gives them excersise to tire them hence leaves wild birds no time to nape but sun down, so i would not worry about the birds nap now and then.

lotosha

Jun 29, 2012
Parrots
A pair of cockatiels
And pair of African Greys
My 'tiels take lots of naps during the day but my CAG is always alert at list while outside the cage

LoryLover

Jan 1, 2013
Southern California
Parrots
Chattering Lory, 18yrs old (Sweet Pea)
My lory takes naps during the day about the same time of day as your Kirby does.... but only when El and I are not around. As soon as one of us comes home or goes into Sweet Pea's room, she's wide awake and ready for play!

Most Reactions

Latest posts