When he should start eating?

aasim305

Jul 6, 2012
Hello my sun conure is about 8 weeks old now. I tried giving him fruits and some seeds but he wont even touch them? any steps should i take?
Thank you

DebsFlock

Banned
Banned
Jul 19, 2012
Los Angeles County, near Palmdale
Parrots
Scooter -- male Green Cheek Conure "Normal" but that's a matter of opinion! Hatched in March 2010

Scotty -- Male Cape Parrot hatched somewhere between 2007-2009 we think

Caballo Blanco -- male C
Was he not weaned when you got him? Have you been hand-feeding him? I don't have any experience with hand feeding or weaning birds, but I think it would be wise to weigh him daily to make sure he's getting enough nutrition.

I'd also start him on pellets rather than seeds, and include veggies with the fruits.

OP
A

aasim305

Jul 6, 2012
Was he not weaned when you got him? Have you been hand-feeding him? I don't have any experience with hand feeding or weaning birds, but I think it would be wise to weigh him daily to make sure he's getting enough nutrition.

I'd also start him on pellets rather than seeds, and include veggies with the fruits.

No he wasn't i bought him when he was a month old and yes i been hand feeding him and also i tired pellets.

AFP520

Banned
Banned
Jun 7, 2012
NJ
Parrots
Lucy, Sun Capped Conure
I'd say a little young for eating on own. I would continue to hand feed for at least another month or 2.

Most Reactions