When to take a baby for first vet check up

echoskybound

Mar 30, 2011
Media
Parrots
Wheatley - 4 year old Green Cheek Conure
I'm eagerly awaiting on the arrival of my soon-to-be first bird, a baby GCC. I'm in the process of searching for vets in my area, and wondering when I should make an appointment for a baby checkup.

My breeder has a 72 hours health guarantee, and I know it's good to take them to the vet as soon as possible, but I was wondering when you guys would suggest taking the baby to the vet. Is it stressful for the baby to be taken to the vet immediately after being put into a new home? Should I make the appointment for the day after I get the baby, a week after, a month after?

I know with some smaller animals it really helps for the animal to trust you before taking them to the vet. When I took my mice to the vet I was very glad they trusted me, they wouldn't climb onto anybody's hand but mine.

Thanks in advance for your advice!

OP
echoskybound

echoskybound

Mar 30, 2011
Media
Parrots
Wheatley - 4 year old Green Cheek Conure
I can always count on getting super speedy replies on this forum :] Thanks!

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
I usually reply pretty fast. Im on it from my cell at work...i browse through when im bored...my mind tend to wonder else where while at work....lol....I need to setup the web cam for my birds so I can view them while at work... :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts