Where can I find a rescue centre?

Kitty

Apr 10, 2012
Birmingham. UK
Hi guys,

I live in the UK and I'm struggling to find a bird, parrot or cockatoo rescue centre! Does anyone know of any?

I'm willing to travel a long distance. I just want to go to take a look around really.

Thanks

wenz2712

Banned
Banned
Nov 16, 2011
Media
Hi Kitty,

Have you looked on Birdline Website? They are always looking for Good Homes for rescued Parrots! You just register, then have a look through the Birds they have that need adopting and usually, they will come out and see you first to make sure you are a suitable candidate :)

Mayden

Apr 22, 2010
UK.
Parrots
Merlin & Charlie (Senegals)
Lot of trouble with birdline atm Wenz, not sure if you know.

I'll have a look into some rescues, but as far as I'm aware it's either sanctuaries or people who take on a lot of birds and rehomed etc.

Any bird you're interested? :)

wenz2712

Banned
Banned
Nov 16, 2011
Media

I'll have a look into some rescues, but as far as I'm aware it's either sanctuaries or people who take on a lot of birds and rehomed etc.

I haven't heard anything! I personally know the people from Birdline here in Paignton and I can only speak very highly of them! They are on call 24 hours per day and some of the Birds they have rescued would not be here today if it hadn't of been for these people!

OP
Kitty

Kitty

Apr 10, 2012
Birmingham. UK
Thanks Wenz,

I'm not a member of birdline but i'm registered so I get all of their updates and emails about what's going on and what's available :)

Thanks Mayden,

I've been to a sanctuary not too far for me called "tropical bird land" they occasionally re-home a bird or two.
I'm not too sure what I'm after to be honest...But I'll know when I've found it, if you know what I mean! I've been researching into Citron crested cockatoos recently and I'm quite keen on them. I met a Citron cockatoo breeder about a week ago...The babies were lovely! I just wanted to have a look around a few other places before I make any decisions.

Mayden

Apr 22, 2010
UK.
Parrots
Merlin & Charlie (Senegals)

I haven't heard anything! I personally know the people from Birdline here in Paignton and I can only speak very highly of them! They are on call 24 hours per day and some of the Birds they have rescued would not be here today if it hadn't of been for these people!

No doubt some are absolutely fantastic. But some are just money grabbing and manipulative, causing a lot of safehouse people an awful lot of heartache. Taking birds back with no warning or reason etc. I'd love to help birdline, but I just don't trust the administrators of it anymore. Same with some rspca type stuff, some are just fantastic but others I'd beat them with a big stick if they had to come near my animals.

wenz2712

Banned
Banned
Nov 16, 2011
Media
I have a feeling you are talking about a very small minority here! In General, Birdline do a wonderful Job and I have alot of respect for them!

Most Reactions