which harness is good?

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Senegal-Martini,1 pineapple conure~ Kahlua,1 GCC~ Flare, spl/b, 4 Lovebirds Halo,Tye-Die,Luna,Violet,8 Cockatiels,Num Num&Tundra,8-Ball&Angus,Magnet&Sunkist,Pearl, Blush, 1 gouldian finch, 7 canaries
I would like to put Flare into a harness. I figured now is a good time to start training her to get into one for spring time.
Flare(my female GCC) is one of those birds where you can take her just about anywhere, so she is a good candidate.

I need to know what harness is not good but great, ha ha.
easy to put on, comfortable and not complex for me to get her into it, and where to buy it. what ever I choose I will try and get here, but if I can't I will order it from the U.S

I certainly don't want to get stressed out over trying to get it on her either:confused:

I know there are some good videos which I will look into soon.

Captsteve

Jul 17, 2013
Crestview Fl.
Parrots
Goffin Too, U2, Scarlet Mac, B&G Mac, DYH Zon, CAG and a
Birdbrained Wife!
I use the Aviator. Its is not bulky and fairly easy to get on. Silas actually gets excited when he sees it.

It will take a little time to get used too but not a big scary jacket style either.

ConureCrazy

Jun 13, 2012
Media
California
Parrots
Senegal: Oliver ~~
Yellow-Sided GCC's: Bella and Zora ~~
R.I.P Tweeters the Cockatiel<3
I agree; the Aviator Flight Harness is a great choice, not bulky with gigantic clasps or anything, so it's great for small birds! :)

Featheredsamurai

Aug 24, 2011
California
Parrots
African Greg
2 cockatiels
Aviator is hands down the best harness, and if you buy directly from their website(parrot university) hey offer FREE worldwide shipping.

Most harness's have too many pressure points, or aren't fit in a way that is entirely safe. The first harness I used was the feather tether. That harness was very bulky, had metal (added weight), and never fit well. There's also the risk of strangulation in smaller birds. After using the feather tether on Rosie for several months I bought the aviator. I immediately noticed he difference. And so did Rosie! She constantly chewed the feather feather, yet with the aviator she often forgets she's eve wearing it.

Rickypawsey

Dec 28, 2012
Essex uk
Parrots
Gcc: Turk
Irn: marley
Budgie: beau
I agree with every person on here aviator won it for me hands down. Very well made and easy to use also very very safe to use.

Kalidasa

May 8, 2013
Media
Michigan
Parrots
1 green cheek conure (Kumar)
2 male budgies (Charlie and Diego)
Yup the aviator. I also got the feather tether, and two words came out of my mouth when I opened the box...NO WAY.

OP
crimson

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Senegal-Martini,1 pineapple conure~ Kahlua,1 GCC~ Flare, spl/b, 4 Lovebirds Halo,Tye-Die,Luna,Violet,8 Cockatiels,Num Num&Tundra,8-Ball&Angus,Magnet&Sunkist,Pearl, Blush, 1 gouldian finch, 7 canaries
OK, the aviator it is!!....

guess I'll start shopping, lol.

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
I think The Aviator is the best, but I find it easier to put on and take off the Feather Tether...

Most Reactions

Latest posts