Which Species Adjust to new home the easiest?

Chris Winkler

Oct 8, 2010
Media
NW Pennsylvania
Parrots
Echo TAG,
Kodak Wt Face Tiel &
Tobi Male Ekkie
Just out of curiosity which species of parrot seems to adjust to a new home/world the easiest.

I am thinking it might be a U2 since they are for the most part so friendly to strangers..

Does anyone else have any thought on this?

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
It really depends on the bird!!! I have to disagree with U2. They're finicky birds and afraid of changes. My Cockatoo freaks out when I give her a new house to live in. In my honest opinion, the smaller ones adjust a lot easier. Some birds just act like ok I live here now. Oh well, forget my old owners, new ones are just as fun. My Gracie is like that. She's been doing great since I picked her up. During car ride home and into her new cage. She was not affected by it at all. I give her fruits and veggies with in 5 min after I placed her in the new cage and she started eating right away. She was not affected by the new surrounding at all.

Boo

Feb 21, 2011
My GCC also adjusted pretty quickly. I got home in the middle of the night with him from a 3 hour car ride, and the next day I interacted with him a bit but I didn't have a clicker, and the day after (yesterday) I bought a clicker and he steps up so well now! He doesn't even run from me anymore, and he calls for me if I leave the room :D. He also left a girlfriend back at his previous home, so I'm very surprised at how quickly he's settled in :).

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Its like they've been living there the whole time.... Gracie and JoJo spent 2 and a half hr ride home. Spent another 2 hr in their kennel while I pit the cage together. Then she hops out her kennel, never even ran from me. Jump on my hands and I put her in the cage and she went right in. JoJo took some work, took me 4 days to get him to learn to step up. But he's adjusted as well.

Most Reactions