white fronted amazon behavior?

raptorddd

Jun 5, 2011
hi i have a white fronted amazon named koko that i got 5 days ago.i think he is about4_5 month old maybe younger . he is still eating from serynge.
why is he most of the time trying to leave he tries to fly away. even when he is inside the cage he moves inside the cage flapping its wing. he ltes me handle him and touch him in anyway. how can i tell when he is weaned ready to eat.? thanks

Last edited:

Pedro

Dec 15, 2010
Australia
Parrots
2 Budgies, 3 Cockatiels, 6 GCC'S, 2 Crimson Bellie Conures, 9 Sun Conures, 2 Major Mitchells, 12 Eclectus parrots of various ages, 2 BF Amazons, 2 Hahn's Macaw's, 1 Red Tail Black Too
Are you offering other foods for him to eat? How much formula are you giving a day. You can offer a variety of fresh fruits & veggies, some sprouted seed mix, a few pellets. I would think he should be eating most foods on his own & only having 1 feed a day of formula.

I would say that he hasn't settled into his new home yet. I would just leave him be until he settles. He seems to be scared & the more you try to grab at him the more he will not trust you. Work slow with him & just short sessions at a time to begin with. You have plenty of time & it will all be worth it in the long run.

OP
R

raptorddd

Jun 5, 2011
hi pedro. yes i do offer him other food. i tried a peanut he did tasted the peanut. i tried guava.mango.plum.raw corn. i did notice that the 1st day he was using hes beak to test the food but he doesnt do it no more.

i live in a small town here in mexico cant get my hands on fourmula. but i am giving him nestum cereal cereal forhuman babies. how much well i give him 3 times a day. cant tell you how much.
am i doing something wrong by taking him outside the house and i place him on a tree in the back yard i was thinking that he watches other birds and he wants to fly away. should i keep him inside the house i take him out cause weather is hot.

UPDATE
i offer him some watermelon. but he refused he was scared of the food and moved away from it. i manage to put some of it on the beak and he tasted and liked it then he procced to eat on his own. GREAT=)

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest posts