White spot on conure tongue

Lauralee0114

May 15, 2018
Media
Boston, Ma
Parrots
Sun Conure named Petrie
Hi everyone!

My sun conure has a 1-2mm white circular fluid filled lesion on the base of his tongue. I noticed it a few days ago and it has not changed. He is eatting fine but not wanting to come out and play as much. He tries to eat everything I do so I thought maybe it was a burn or a canker from something too acidic. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated. Any ideas what it is or could be from?
Thanks so much!:orange:

Sunnyclover

Jan 11, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Sun Conure - Ollie- Hatched 08/18/16*

Nanday Conure -Finley- Hatched 10/07/17*

Turquoise Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure -Paris- Hatched 03/03/18*

Black Capped Conure -North- Hatched 10/10/18
Please take him to the vet ASAP! It could be a yeast infection and it can easily overwhelm his immune system and make him weak. He is probably also loosing weight and can die if he stops eating.

EllenD

Aug 20, 2016
State College, PA
Parrots
Senegal Parrot named "Kane"; Yellow-Sided Green Cheek Conure named "Bowie"; Blue Quaker Parrot named "Lita Ford"; Cockatiel named "Duff"; 8 American/English Budgie Hybrids; Ringneck Dove named "Dylan"
Is there any way you can get a photo of it? I know that's a hard thing to do, but it would help tremendously...So it's on the bottom/underside of his tongue, or the back of his tongue?

It could be a blister from a burn, however I doubt it, as that would most likely effect his eating as it would be extremely painful. As such, it could very well be a fungal infection, a bacterial infection, even a viral infection, but either way you need to take him to your Certified Avian Vet ASAP, especially since it's been there for a while. If it is an infection of some sort, it will only continue to spread to his throat, crop, etc., and this can cause a host of serious physical and behavioral issues.

The fact that you said he's not being as active as he was and not wanting to play as much worries me greatly that he's got a bad bug...

Most Reactions