Who can I trust to keep my bird...vacation?

mldapril17

Sep 20, 2011
South Rockledge, Florida
Parrots
3 1/2 yr. old Male Peach face Lovebird.
I have an adorable loving 3 1/2 yr. old male love bird.
I moved to Brevard County; the Viera/Rockledge Florida area recently and I'm going on vacation for a week in October. The two local pet bird stores do board, however they close early and are too busy to give him attention.
Therefore I am in search of someone to board him with while on vacation.
I don't want to leave him in a store stuck in a cage all day and night! At home he is interacted with, held, hand fed -(spoiled) and loved on.
I have a breeder friend that would watch him back home... I don't know anyone here.
How do I find an experienced, caring person to keep him while I'm gone?
:rainbow1: I don't want him stressed out and feeling abandoned by me!
Anyone have referrals for me?
Thank you.
mldapril17

Remy

Jul 13, 2011
California
Parrots
Darcy (Golden-Collared Macaw), Puck (Caique - RIP)
Do you have any friends or family who would do it? I'd give them a safety list if they don't keep birds. I did that with my mom and her roommate, and it seems everyone had a great time.

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
My wife would do it for you ,but i'm not sure where you're at.We're south of Tampa. Have you checked with local AV ,some in our area do board birds.Oh and welcome to the forum.Maybe some one from your area will chime in.

Last edited:

Most Reactions