Why I can never relax in my own home

dskidd

Dec 6, 2012
Parrots
Eliza -- Black Headed Caique
Henry -- White-Bellied Caique
"Pssst...as soon as he goes on his bike ride, you change the locks, and I'll re-program the alarm system. Then this dump will be OURS OURS OURS!!!"

Echo

Dec 7, 2009
USA
Parrots
Green Cheek Conures, Crimson Conures, CAG, Pionus, Budgies, Goffin Cockatoo
LOL this made me laugh! Spot on with these devils! I also have a white- bellied and black-headed and they are always plotting to no good ahah

Pinkbirdy

Feb 26, 2013
Clifton Springs Newyork
Parrots
macaw,LS2,congo grey,2Blk Hd caiques,Hawkhead,yellowstrk lory,Blue frnt amazon,sun conure ,Yellow sided greencheek ,Goffin ,Rosebreasted Cockatoo,Greenwing Macaw,Blue and Gold Macaw,Nanday conure,Ecle
I bet Eliza's the one with the ideas :) [Do they share a cage ?)

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
LoL....LOVE the pic!!!!! Plotting evil deeds...lol

Jowelbg

Jun 3, 2013
Texas
Parrots
2 Black Headed Caiques - Bunsen & Beaker
"Pssst...as soon as he goes on his bike ride, you change the locks, and I'll re-program the alarm system. Then this dump will be OURS OURS OURS!!!"

"But Henry, what on earth would we do without our manservant Derek Jeeves Foodbringer. I know he's tough to train, but he's made so much progress!"

weco

Nov 24, 2010
USA
Parrots
Nanday, suns, parrotlet, Patagonian
Enjoyed the post & pic, but thought I'd point out that you've got the nail perch turned wrong...flat sides up & down, the round sides should be horizontal to catch their nails when they perch & move around.....

Luke252

Aug 6, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
Parrots
Bluey - Opaline Blue Budgie, Larry - Greater Sulphur Crested Cockatoo, Charlie - Samueli Red Tailed Black Cockatoo, Max - Eastern Long Billed Corella
God, I couldn't imagine what my three rascals are planning while I am out. Awesome post dskidd, made me laugh... alot. :D

OP
dskidd

dskidd

Dec 6, 2012
Parrots

Believe it! It's Eliza's world, with Henry her second-in-command. Me, I just happen to be living in it...
;)

OP
dskidd

dskidd

Dec 6, 2012
Parrots

Whoops! Forgot to answer your question: They don't share a cage at this point; nevertheless, they probably could now. I may experiment with that concept, little by little.
Derek

OP
dskidd

dskidd

Dec 6, 2012
Parrots

"But Henry, what on earth would we do without our manservant Derek Jeeves Foodbringer. I know he's tough to train, but he's made so much progress!"

"Yeah, I suppose...but if one of us can figure out that phone-thing he uses, we could have pizza every night!"

"Dang...you're right! I'll get to work on the alarm system..."
;)

OP
dskidd

dskidd

Dec 6, 2012
Parrots
Enjoyed the post & pic, but thought I'd point out that you've got the nail perch turned wrong...flat sides up & down, the round sides should be horizontal to catch their nails when they perch & move around.....

Well, that would explain why they want to throw me out of the house!

Seriously, many, many thanks for this. Very much appreciated. Another reason this forum is the best.

Cheers,
Derek

OP
dskidd

dskidd

Dec 6, 2012
Parrots
Yipe they were definitely up to something
I bet they were whispering LoL

Your post, along with another thread concerning talking, reminded me that Eliza and Henry actually have started to whisper. It came about from the evening cuddle sessions, when the house is getting dark before I put them to bed. They snuggle up together on my chest, under my chin.

Because it's quiet, I just whisper to them (things like "Sweetie-girl," "Henry-bird," "I love my babies," "You're such an awesome girl/boy" and so on).

What they've started to do is make whispering sounds in between beak-grinding. I can make out lots of "S" sounds and "B" sounds (sometimes, I swear Eliza is saying "awesome"), in a whisper-like tone. It's incredibly cute, and almost (I repeat: almost) makes me forgive them for wanting to banish me from the house...
Derek

Most Reactions

Latest posts