Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Her bird is already clipped. She was simply asking a question, can we keep her thread on topic please and keep it civil?

OP
L

lauralouiseevans

Feb 6, 2016
Ok so I'm imagin things when I've seen him fly up of the floor onto the sofa, back to his cage and onto my little boys toys AFTER HAVING HIS WINGS CLIPPED haha.. Your not in my house, you haven't seen which feathers have gone, you haven't seen the difference in him

Mango7218

Banned
Banned
Jan 20, 2016
Ireland,Dublin
Parrots
Cockatiels,Plum headed parakeet,African grey
Ok so I'm imagin things when I've seen him fly up of the floor onto the sofa, back to his cage and onto my little boys toys AFTER HAVING HIS WINGS CLIPPED haha.. Your not in my house, you haven't seen which feathers have gone, you haven't seen the difference in him

Yeah and im not stupid when birds are clipped they can still fly like you just said im not an idiot I know what clipping is cheek of you.

Mango7218

Banned
Banned
Jan 20, 2016
Ireland,Dublin
Parrots

Haha I know what clipping is they can still fly when clipped like you just experienced your obviously new to birds I have lots of experience so obviously I would know what clipping does to a bird and its nothing to be proud of either.

OP
L

lauralouiseevans

Feb 6, 2016
Mango, can you leave my thread please? I simply asked for advice about what feathers not for people's opinions on it [emoji1360]

Mango7218

Banned
Banned
Jan 20, 2016
Ireland,Dublin
Parrots
And you told us what feathers have gone The WRONG FEATHERS and I have seen the difference in many clipped birds including my own Mango.

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
PLEASE BE CIVIL-- this is a hot topic and we would hate to have to close this thread due to disrespectful comments.

OP
L

lauralouiseevans

Feb 6, 2016
Well my topic then.. I said I didn't want advice on weather to do it or not I asked on which feathers because I thought he did it wrong? I didn't ask about to get it done or not. I needed to do it for the safety of the bird

Mango7218

Banned
Banned
Jan 20, 2016
Ireland,Dublin
Parrots
Yeah and thats why I was giving advice because birds should never be clipped for safety when there are other things that can be done with flighted birds to prevent them being hurt.And what do u mean you thought he did it wrong? He did do it wrong.

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
Yeah and thats why I was giving advice because birds should never be clipped for safety when there are other things that can be done with flighted birds to prevent them being hurt.And what do u mean you thought he did it wrong? He did do it wrong.

There is no right or wrong reason when it comes to clipping --everyone has their own opinions and reasons for doing it....I encourage you to quit badgering your fellow member.

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Mango, please. Your last posts here are uncalled for. I'm sorry but your age and maturity level is showing again.

Surely you can understand WHY we do not tolerate argumentative posts. Instead of arguing or trying to prove yourself, just leave the thread to cool off when you feel like this. The OP was not attacking you, she was only pointing out what she had already said. I encourage you to stop this behavior on this forum.

Edit: Shirre, we were posting at the same time

Last edited:

Mango7218

Banned
Banned
Jan 20, 2016
Ireland,Dublin
Parrots
Re: Wing clippingŵ

There is no right or wrong reason when it comes to clipping --everyone has their own opinions and reasons for doing it....I encourage you to quit badgering your fellow member.

Yeah I know everyone has their opinions but safety really is a bad reason for clipping especially people who clip so their birds cant fly away thats the most terrible reason there is to clip.

OP
L

lauralouiseevans

Feb 6, 2016
This is the last time I'll ever post in here. Honestly some people are disrespectful and MANGO if you can't see that then you need to sit and have a think because that's 4 people in total that have told you. If it was CRUEL then it would be in the RSPCA guidelines not to have it done which it isn't. I spoke to my like RSPCA and they said it isn't classed as cruelty or neglect. So that you for your input but I didn't ask for anything you told me...

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Please don't stop posting, we would love to hear about your new baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions

Latest posts